Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone remember "Ricky and The Magic Trolley"?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Children -> Anyone remember "Ricky and The Magic Trolley"?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nesbitts

Anyone remember "Ricky and The Magic Trolley"?      Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quote

I cannot find any reference to a TV show from the early 1950's done in Los Angeles. It was a puppet show. I remember visiting the set in 1952-53. It was in the same studio as Space Patrol. It was sponsored by Nesbitt's Orange.

I have included photos of 3 postcards that were sent to fans that wrote the show.

Anyone else remember this show?

JazzLover

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote

That sounds like it might have been one of those local kiddie shows that nobody who lived outside of Los Angeles in the 50s would know about.

rickysdaughter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote

My Dad was the writer, producer and head puppeteer of Ricky and the Magic Trolley.
There was the oft told story of my sister bashing in the head of Ricky when Dad brought him home one time. She was only about 5 years old, so that would have about 1952.
I can't believe anyone even remembers this show! Nice to see.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AbigaLord

Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quote

That's really cool to know about your father. I hope then you must be having lot of pictures of your father at the set and with the cast, I request you to share them with us.

rickysdaughter

Ricky and the Magic Trolley      Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote

Hi,
Unfortunately, there are no photos. I don't know why, I was only two years old at the time.
Dad always told stories, though, that were very colorful.
He was very adept at characters and voices and always entertained us. He could keep us spellbound and always asking for just one more!
He's been gone since 1997.
Thanks for your post,
Nancy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Children -> Anyone remember "Ricky and The Magic Trolley"? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved