Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canceled TV Shows.

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Canceled TV Shows.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizaf1

Canceled TV Shows.      Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Why is it that with everything you can get on the internet there in no where to download or view canceled TV shows?

Does anyone know of a place? Cool

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote

There are sites out there where you can find the type of shows you're looking for but there are none that I know of where you can find everything.

Keep in mind that almost everything that has been broadcast for the past 30 years or so is copyrighted by someone or some company. The majority of stuff in the past 50 years is still copyrighted and you can't be sure that something is free to copy or "bootleg" until its somewhere around 75 or 80 years old. Copyright laws are complicated.

No one can simply copy their property and put it on the web to view for free despite what those who do it say. They've got a million reasons why it's legal ... until they have to explain it in court to a judge. Then their reasons are denied. If those crooks were allowed to freely steal that stuff, why would any studio continue spending millions of dollars to produce movies, cds, TV shows, etc?

One of the most common questions I see about TV on the web is, "Where did my favorite TV download site go?" They get popular ... the studios and the government take them down. That's where they go.

There are sites like AOL Video and others that have licensed the rights to show the studios' copyrighted shows but you'll only see them free in low quality and you'll have to watch commercials. I do that a lot, but you still will only find a sampling of stuff there. You can usually watch them in High Quality and commercial-free for a fee.

Most of the Network sites allow you to watch some of their shows free (with commercials) but they are mostly the last episode of the current shows or clips.

In the future, I'm sure the amount of stuff you can watch free with commercials or without by paying a fee will continue to increase. There's very little production cost involved in making stuff available that way.

In the meantime, if you're watching anything newer than 50 years old for free without commercials on the web, the provider is probably operating illegally and the site won't last long.

musiclovr89

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote

i hate that too! i want to watch "Andy Richter Controls the Universe".

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Canceled TV Shows. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved