Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Name of SciFi show? Salem woman wrote to present-day man?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> Name of SciFi show? Salem woman wrote to present-day man?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyeman1

Name of SciFi show? Salem woman wrote to present-day man?      Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:56 am Reply with quote

The other day, I remembered either a made-for-TV movie or an episode of a TV show where a present-day man somehow managed to communicate with a woman who lived at the time of the Salem Witch Trials, and he was able to warn her that she was in danger, and she had to protect herself.

I have NO idea when the show was aired. My feeling is that it was in the '80s but it could have been a repeat of something earlier.

Thanks!

--- Steve >>>>

Steve H

Re: Name of SciFi show? Salem woman wrote to present-day man      Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quote

skyeman1 wrote:
The other day, I remembered either a made-for-TV movie or an episode of a TV show where a present-day man somehow managed to communicate with a woman who lived at the time of the Salem Witch Trials, and he was able to warn her that she was in danger, and she had to protect herself.

I have NO idea when the show was aired. My feeling is that it was in the '80s but it could have been a repeat of something earlier.

Thanks!

--- Steve >>>>

That's an adaptation of "A Message from Charity" - a sci-fi short story (I read this in the 6th grade, many years ago) by William M. Lee. The New Twilight Zone (CBS) did a version of this in the 1980's, so this is probably what you saw. I remember it, and it was pretty faithful to the short story. Not sure if it has been done elsewhere on TV.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> Name of SciFi show? Salem woman wrote to present-day man? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved