Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woman's son is killed curses ones responsible "One by l

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Fantasy/Horror -> Woman's son is killed curses ones responsible "One by l
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakemari

Woman's son is killed curses ones responsible "One by l      Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote

I believe these are from an old TV show or mini-series in the 70's or 80's of supernatural/thriller/twilight zone type of short stories. I only recall a couple scenes from two of the stories I am hoping someone will recall more, esp. the name of the show or series.

1) A woman loses her son in an accident involving I believe friends of his or classmates and at the funeral she raises a finger and curses those involved by saying something like "one by land, one by sea" and the ones she curses die unexpected deaths along those lines.

2) There is some sort of pit that townsfolk discover (can't recall much) but they cannot see the bottom and it appears to be bottomless. They lower someone into the pit and after a while he either screams or tugs on the rope or something, they raise him back up to find him catatonic and with snow white hair.

Please help if you recall a name, the series, movie or an actor, something!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote

I remember the episode about the bottomless hole but not which series it was on. Here's a list of all of the Sci-Fi or Horror anthology series from the 70s and 80s that I could think of:

Amazing Stories
Ray Bradbury Theater
Tales from the Darkside
Twilight Zone (1985 Version)

I hope that helps!
Anyone else?

Jakemari

Mystery solved!      Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quote

I finally found it on the web!! It is "Encounter with the Unknown", 1973 with Rod Serling.

Thank you CrazyAboutTv for your response.....

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Encouters with the Unknown      Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:21 am Reply with quote

I had to go research the title. I knew I had heard of it but couldn't remember anything about it.

The reason is that "Encounter with the Unknown" was a theatrical movie, not anything on TV and this site is CrazyAboutTV.com so I don't tend to be as knowledgeable about films unless they were made for TV.

So your question pretty much threw me for a loop when you said that it was either a TV series or miniseries.

I do see how you might remember it that was because it had three different stories in the film, kind of like three TV episodes and, perhaps, like other theatrical films, it may have eventually aired on TV.

I'm glad you figured it out!

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Nebka

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quote

I have that on dvd it is a good movie and from time to time it shows up on tv.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Fantasy/Horror -> Woman's son is killed curses ones responsible "One by l All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved