Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knightwatch

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Knightwatch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsego

Knightwatch      Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quote

I remember watching a t.v. show or movie, in the 80's maybe early 90's, about a gang called the Knights. They were like a night watch group, I think in New York, that went around helping keep the streets safe at night. I remember they didn't use weapons, just flashlights, and they new martial arts. They also wore navy blue jackets with orange letters on the back that said "Knights". Nobody that I talk to remembers this show, and it seems like I can remember a lot of things about it. Does anybody know anything about this show?

Ryan

Steve H

Re: t.v. show/movie "Knights"?      Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quote

rsego wrote:
I remember watching a t.v. show or movie, in the 80's maybe early 90's, about a gang called the Knights. They were like a night watch group, I think in New York, that went around helping keep the streets safe at night. I remember they didn't use weapons, just flashlights, and they new martial arts. They also wore navy blue jackets with orange letters on the back that said "Knights". Nobody that I talk to remembers this show, and it seems like I can remember a lot of things about it. Does anybody know anything about this show?

Ryan

I think this is "Knightwatch." Benjamin Bratt starred as the leader of a "Guardian Angels" type crime watch group. Very Short-lived.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Knightwatch TV Show      Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote

The Knightwatch TV show only lasted 9 episodes from November 11, 1988 to January 19,1989.

Unfortunately, it premiered in a time slot where it had to compete with three highly rated shows: "48 Hours", "A Different World", and "The Cosby Show". To make matters even worse, on Knightwatch's premiere night, the long-awaited birth of Sondra's twins aired on the Cosby Show!

I kind of remember that at that time the Guardian Angels (a group that inspired the TV series) had been receiving a lot of criticism in the press about the tactics they were using in order to stop crime (illegal searches, illegal entry to the criminals' homes, no informing of Miranda rights, etc.) Whether that criticism was justified or not, that may have caused a large percentage of the public to ignore the series.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Knightwatch All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved