Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reality tv with celebs vs. without

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Reality TV -> reality tv with celebs vs. without
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LooneyToon

reality tv with celebs vs. without      Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quote

My cousin was in town and I watched way too much reality TV (even for me who likes reality TV)...I came to the conclusion though that reality tv isn't necessarily always better with celebs. A lot of times, seeing a celebrity i used to like looking washed up and desperate ruins it for me and I'd rather see no no name hosts and contestants. What do you all think?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reality tv with celebrities      Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:14 am Reply with quote

I can see your point. If you really liked a celebrity, it's sad to see them after they've lost their fame.

There are exceptions like Gene Simmons (of KISS fame) who still has a strong fan base and has moved on to a thriving business career. Erin Moran who starred on "Happy Days" and "Joanie Loves Chachi" has appeared on "Celebrity Fit Club" and seems to be a really happy person with her head on straight.

I'm sure that there are other examples too. The ones I feel really sorry for are those who seem to want their former fame back so bad that it has ruined their lives.

I personally do enjoy reality shows with stars from yesteryear, sometimes even more than those with average people. It's probably a nostalgia thing. It takes me back to the days of my youth and makes me recall fond memories. It's almost like seeing an old friend after years of separation.

I'm also an unapologetic reality show TV lover. My attitude is that entertainment is a personal choice. Most action series, dramas, comedies, sci-fi shows, soaps, etc. don't improve your mind. They're simply a way to relax your mind to prepare for the demands of the next day. Reality shows are simply another way to do that.

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

SOFarSoGood

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote

I donít know, it really depends on the show I guess. Rock of Love I love but I always thought brett Michaels was corny so he doesnít ruin it for me, if anything he makes it better. Usually I do prefer celebs. What does everyone here watch for reality shows with celebs?

i'm looking forward to the new chris jericho one- redemption song on fuse... it's all about bad girls which is great!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reality TV shows with celebrities      Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quote

Another example for me is that I watched "The Apprentice" for the first few seasons and then got bored with it and stopped watching. Then when they had the celebrity season, I watched again and enjoyed it because I was familiar with several of the contestants.

Imposter34

Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Redemption Song looks good from the commercials Iíve seen. Itís like flavor of love meets the bad girls club or Charm School. First episode is on tonight on the Fuse channel.

johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Celebrity Reality TV      Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote

I know that one of the few reality shows I watched was that peice of trash with Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie! The one where they "kind of" lived like "normal" people in some differeent job each week.

Can anybody remember the name of that show? All I remember is those skimpy outfits that Paris and Nicole wore.

So for me it's not only celebritys that make reality shows better, they have to be smokin' hot slutty babe celebritys Exclamation

Embarassed Laughing Embarassed

JazzLover

Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote

Oh John! I like your style! "smokin' hot slutty babe celebritys" are just fine by me!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Reality TV -> reality tv with celebs vs. without All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved