Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GIVE ME SOMETHING NEW

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> GIVE ME SOMETHING NEW
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOFarSoGood

GIVE ME SOMETHING NEW      Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote

Does anyone know any new shows this season that are supposed to be good? I need something new to start getting into...

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Series      Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:00 am Reply with quote

It's a bit early for me to be sure what I'll end out sticking with yet. So far the only new show I suspect that I will stick with is "The Mentalist". It's about a guy who seems to have mind-reading, psychic abilities but he insists that he is just like a genius when it comes to how people act and think. He uses his abilities to solve crimes.

There are a few more that I haven't decided about yet but I must say that this is not the best season I've ever seen for new, quality shows.

Good luck!

Imposter34

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote

The Best show on tv by and large is It's always sunny in philadelphia, nothing touches it... I personally miss Mad TV so much... Bobby Lee and Nicole Sullivan are hilarious

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Something New Please!      Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:27 am Reply with quote

Last night I eliminated "Life on Mars". They really pushed that series as being sci-fi. The main character is a cop that mysteriously gets transported back to 1973 where he also exists as a cop.

It sounded like it could have possibilities! If he used his knowledge from today in any substantial way it could have been interesting. Instead, he just tells all of the evidence-planting, suspect-beating cops how bad they are for not following proper, legal police techniques.

Now that's just nonsense. I was already an adult in the 70s and cops didn't abuse their prisoner's rights that much more than occurs today. The show takes place in the 1970s, not in the 1920s! Apparently the scripts are written by some twenty-something writers that think that the Spanish Inquisition was taking place in the 1970s.

Instead of really exploiting the fact that the main character is from the future, they just occasionally have him make some remark that no one in the 70s would understand like, "Oh, you like President Nixon huh? You'll reconsider".

As far as I'm concerned, so far "Life on Mars" is just another average cop show that shows cops at the extreme and tries to add on some "twist" to get an audience for a show that stinks.

Thank goodness it's Friday! "Ghost Whisperer" and "Numb3rs" are two of my favorite shows! Now there are some great writers! I also like "Stargate Atlantis" but its been moving further and further from good Sci-fi and closer and closer to being just another 'monsters are gonna eat us" series. More traveling to alien planets and meeting new species please! The sci-fi channel has a terrible record of taking really fine sci-fi series and converting them into pure horror.

What they did to "Sliders" was absolutely unforgiveable! They went from stories like "visiting a parallel world where the Russians won the cold war and are now occupying the U.S." to "visiting a world where there are giant worms that want to eat people". Sickening!

trashcansongs
Novice Member
Novice Member

Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote

i love nicole sullivan! she has a new show i saw an ad for and didn't think it was her at first, but it is indeed!: Hopefully it goes somewhere because she is way too underrated.

Imposter34

Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote

yea she is pretty funny..I checked out the shows last week...there will be a new episode every Tuesday...definitely gonna try n start watching!!!!

Imposter34

Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:44 pm Reply with quote

saw that the season finale of the show is on tonight...it was actually a better show than i thought, i'll prolly tune in to next season as well

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> GIVE ME SOMETHING NEW All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved