Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with an old show

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Need help with an old show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crystalgemfairy

Need help with an old show      Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote

Hello, I was trying to remember the name of a show that was a copy of the man from u.n.c.l.e. I thought the name of it was s.h.a.d.o.w. It wasn't on long. I think the head guys name was commander stryker(ryker) or maybe captain. Just wanted to know who the head guy was.

Also there is a show and I can't find the series it came from. I thought it was named The Ice Man Commeth. It's about a man and everyone seems to be afraid of him. They call him the dread man. Seems the town is after him and bad things happen in his wake.It ends with him in a jail cell ,looks like he's looking out a window, but he is really looking at you.
Thank you so much

crystalgemfairy

Need help with an old show      Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote

earlier when I posted the show about the iceman, or the dreadman, I
forgot to put the shows I thought it came from. I can't remember if the show was from the outer limits, night gallery, one step beyond. I don't think it was twilight zone. I remember raol dhal being the host.
I hope someone out there remember it.
Thanks

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need help with an old show      Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote

crystalgemfairy wrote:
I remember raol dhal being the host.
Thanks

Roald Dahl hosted a 1961 series titled, "Way Out". It only lasted 14 episodes so there's very little information about it anywhere.

None of that show's episodes were titled, "The Ice Man Cometh" though. I also did an episode title search for that title. While many series have had an episode with that title, none of them were sci-fi, fantasy, or horror series.

"Way Out" is the only series that Roald Dahl is credited with so I'm assuming that's the right series. I also read description of all 14 episodes though and none of them sounded like the episode you've described.

----------------------

As to the other show you asked about, all I can find is a series titled, "Riker". It only lasted 5 episodes in 1981. It was about an outcast ex-cop who became an undercover investigator for a Deputy District Attorney in San Francisco. Josh Taylor starred as the ex-cop. Josh is probably best known for his role as "Roman Brady" on the daytime drama, "Days of Our Lives".

----------------------

I hope some of that helped you!

Florida Tom

TV Series - Elephant Boy      Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote

Trying to remember the name of the TV series in the late 40s, early 50s, I think. It included a boy who rode on a large elephant.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TV Series - Elephant Boy      Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote

Florida Tom wrote:
Trying to remember the name of the TV series in the late 40s, early 50s, I think. It included a boy who rode on a large elephant.

I can't find anything like that in any of my sources. There was a United Kingdom series titled, "Elephant Boy" that aired for 26 episodes in 1973 but I'm sure that's not what you're talking about.

Anyone else?

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Need help with an old show All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved