Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!! Seeking info on old 50-60s show episode

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> HELP!! Seeking info on old 50-60s show episode
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remco

HELP!! Seeking info on old 50-60s show episode      Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Hi. Hope someone can help; this is driving me nuts!! I'm trying to find out which episode/show something came from. It was probably a Kraft Theatre or Alscoa Theatre or something similar, but I"m not positive. I only saw it once as a kid and am dying to find it again! I do remember certain details:

The plot involved a group of robbers who hide their haul and themselves in a gas truck that's been altered to include a hidden compartment under the gas-storage area, where they hide, taking turns driving. One was a professor sort who masterminded the thing. When one pair of drivers gets stopped by a cop who wants to check the gas lever (which would give the whole thing away), one of the crooks starts doing movie-star imitations, including Cary Grant and Cagney, to divert his attention. When another pair of cops stop the truck later, trhere's a different pair driving and when one asks the driver to do some of the imitations the "first" cop told him about, all he can do is a terrible Cary Grant. The episode eneded with a leak developing in the tank, and all the crooks hiding end up getting drowned...

Can anyone help??? Thanks!

PhotoDave

Re: HELP!! Seeking info on old 50-60s show episode      Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quote

remco wrote:
Hi. Hope someone can help; this is driving me nuts!! I'm trying to find out which episode/show something came from. It was probably a Kraft Theatre or Alscoa Theatre or something similar, but I"m not positive. I only saw it once as a kid and am dying to find it again! I do remember certain details:

The plot involved a group of robbers who hide their haul and themselves in a gas truck that's been altered to include a hidden compartment under the gas-storage area, where they hide, taking turns driving. One was a professor sort who masterminded the thing. When one pair of drivers gets stopped by a cop who wants to check the gas lever (which would give the whole thing away), one of the crooks starts doing movie-star imitations, including Cary Grant and Cagney, to divert his attention. When another pair of cops stop the truck later, trhere's a different pair driving and when one asks the driver to do some of the imitations the "first" cop told him about, all he can do is a terrible Cary Grant. The episode eneded with a leak developing in the tank, and all the crooks hiding end up getting drowned...

Can anyone help??? Thanks!
Ya the movie is a Jimmy Cagney movie White Heat you can download it if you have VEOH tv i got it and it's good might not be same one tho they do use the inside of a gas truck to get in and rob a chemical plant.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> HELP!! Seeking info on old 50-60s show episode All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved