Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THEME MUSIC FROM A LOCAL L.A. SHOW

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> THEME MUSIC FROM A LOCAL L.A. SHOW
View previous topic :: View next topic  
majorkong

THEME MUSIC FROM A LOCAL L.A. SHOW      Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote

Help! I have spent much of the last 40 years listening to a musical piece in my head wondering about the composer and title. It was theme music for a show on Los Angeles' KHJ TV channel 9 during the 1960s.
The show was called "Strange Tales of Science Fiction". It featured horror and science fiction movies, had no host, just a voice over (maybe).
There was model of a moldy old creepy castle bedecked with fog before and after the film and during comercial breaks.
The theme music was eerie and haunting. If anyone can identify this music I might be able to get a recording and listen to the whole thing!

Regards- Major Kong

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Strange Tales of Science Fiction Theme Song      Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:32 am Reply with quote

I only was able to find one source for this information so I hope it's correct.

The title of the music was "Out of this World". It was written by "Harold Arlen". It was performed by "Kenyon Hopkins and the Creed Taylor Orchestra".

I hope that's what you were looking for!

vonmoen

Science Fiction Theatre      Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote

Was the program on late at night or on Sunday mornings? It sounds like the show I used to watch every Sunday morning around 10 or 11 am.I remember it being referred to as "Science fiction theatre", but I could be wrong.If we're talking about the same show, I've been looking for that opening music for years!

nickandmikec

Re: THEME MUSIC FROM A LOCAL L.A. SHOW      Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:14 am Reply with quote

majorkong wrote:
Help! I have spent much of the last 40 years listening to a musical piece in my head wondering about the composer and title. It was theme music for a show on Los Angeles' KHJ TV channel 9 during the 1960s.
The show was called "Strange Tales of Science Fiction". It featured horror and science fiction movies, had no host, just a voice over (maybe).
There was model of a moldy old creepy castle bedecked with fog before and after the film and during comercial breaks.
The theme music was eerie and haunting. If anyone can identify this music I might be able to get a recording and listen to the whole thing!

Regards- Major Kong

Dear Major Kong...the webhost is correct...it was Kenyan Hopkins and the Creed Taylor Orchestra who did the song. The album is on CD and is a compelation of three albums by the Creed Taylor Orchestra and is called, Shock, Music in Hi Fi. The album it was originally on was titled, Panic, Son of Shock.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> THEME MUSIC FROM A LOCAL L.A. SHOW All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved