Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts
Goto page
Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:23 am Reply with quote

I couldn't find much information about your father (Bob Carey) but I did find two sources that say he won on the show in 1953, not 1955-56.

rcarey

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. about my dad, Bob Carey. Is there a way to find out more about his winning the Arthur Godfrey competition in 1953.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote

It's tough to find info on these early shows. I would just search, search, and search.

For info about your dad try searching for "Bob Carey" Tarriers.

For info about the show start simply with "Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts" and then as you find other interesting things add more words to that search phrase. For example, since we suspect your dad appeared on the show in 1953 try adding that year to the name of the show. Etc.

I did find out that the "Broadcasting Archives at the University of Maryland" have hundreds of recordings of Arthur Godfrey television programs in their collection. Perhaps they have the one with your dad's winning appearance?

Good luck on your exciting quest!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved