Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

old tv show

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> old tv show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb

old tv show      Tue May 18, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote

..back in the early 90" i was working on a farm in Canada and the family i lived whit had on old tv show on vhs. I think i was an American tv show from the 60"(I think). I can not for my life rememder what itīs name was.The story were something like..city dude and his wife were trying to be farmers,it dident go so well for them..they had help from one man that I remember and his name was Mr Hiney. That is what I remember,any help??

Steve H

Re: old tv show      Wed May 19, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote

jb wrote:
..back in the early 90" i was working on a farm in Canada and the family i lived whit had on old tv show on vhs. I think i was an American tv show from the 60"(I think). I can not for my life rememder what itīs name was.The story were something like..city dude and his wife were trying to be farmers,it dident go so well for them..they had help from one man that I remember and his name was Mr Hiney. That is what I remember,any help??

That has to be Green Acres - a classic "rural comedy" from the 1960's. Mr. Haney was the character you remember. He was a "snake oil" salesman, and I believe he sold them the farm in the first place.

AidansMom

Green Acres      Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:34 am Reply with quote

The best part about that show was the loving conflict between the husband and the wife. The husband hated his life as a big time lawyer in Manhattan and the wife loved it there. But the wife loved her husband so she reluctantly agreed to move to the countryside and live the farming life.

Of course, neither one of them was suited for that kind of life but they tried. The husband loved it there and now the wife hated their living situation.

There was also a pet pig, a handyman who destroyed everything he touched, and a bunch of other goofy characters.

Frankenstein

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:15 am Reply with quote

One of the best theme songs ever.

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:40 am Reply with quote

The husband says:

Green Acres is the place for me ...
Farm livin' is the life for me ...

The wife says:

New York is where I'd rather stay ...
I get allergic smelling hay ...

Definitely funny and a classic tv show tune!

alexleonardme

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quote

That was a funny show

Becky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:26 am Reply with quote

I loved Arnold the pig with almost human-like intelligence!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quote

Several different pigs were used to portray Arnold on each season of Green Acres. Only the first one used was a male and all of the rest were females. I suspect that male pigs tend to be more mean spirited and, therefore, less co-operative as actors but that's just a guess on my part.

See more trivia about the show on our Green Acres page

misterg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:03 pm Reply with quote

arnold the girl pig? that just doesn't seem right to me! maybe he was a pervert and just pretended to be a girl?

JazzLover

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:19 pm Reply with quote

misterg! You are being politically incorrect when you say that a boy pig pretending to be a girl pig would be a pervert.

In the good old US of A all pigs have a right to the sexual preference of their choice.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> old tv show All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved