Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do all TV shows stink?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Do all TV shows stink?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LooneyToon

Do all TV shows stink?      Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quote

I am a firm believer that our current state of TV is on it's way down to the bottom of the pits. Nothing on TV is worth watching anymore with all these ridiculous reality TV shows out. Am I crazy or does anyone know of some sort of special hidden gem out there hidden within the tangled webs of the reality TV mess?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Trash TV      Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quote

Well, first, one person's junk is another person's treasure. Some of the stuff I can't stand are some of the highest rated shows. So anyway, there are people out there who like reality shows, wrestling, soap operas, sports, etc. Things that many others detest.

There are some really good true reality shows that I like to watch. Shows like "Deadliest Catch", "Ice Road Truckers", "Dog the Bounty Hunter", "Carrier", "This Old House", etc. show people in unusual jobs and are mostly unscripted.

There are also many good shows on public television, the discovery channel, the history channel, etc. where you can actually learn something in an entertaining way. Shows like "Nova", "Nova: Science NOW", "How It's Made", "Man-Made", "MythBusters", "History Detectives", etc.

There are some very well-done fictional programs too. A few of my favorites are "24", "Medium", "Boston Legal", "Ghost Whisperer", "The Unit", "Battlestar Galactica", "Stargate Atlantis", "Two and a Half Men", and the list gos on!

So if you simply hate all those reality shows, that's fine. Luckily, there are tons of choices. Just give some of the other stuff a try!

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

SOFarSoGood

Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:01 pm Reply with quote

that's a good response... not everyone likes the same things or has the same interests. lately I've been really into music so I've been trying to find good music based shows (not American Idol though, haha). whatever happened to that america's greatest band show?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:14 am Reply with quote

Apparently there's not a big enough audience for shows that highlight today's top musical performances. There has to be some other aspect (like American Idol) to draw a sufficient number of viewers.

Even MTV is no longer "MusicTeleVision" and VH1 has less and less music each year too.

These things have a habit of going through cycles though. Someday we'll likely see musical programs become popular again.

Imposter34

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote

I agree with both of you. However, I have faith... I heard there is a show on the MSG Network called NYC Soundtracks. It's supposed to be about NYC Subway musicians. Sundays at 8. I'm never around that time though!

LooneyToon

Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote

a lot of people think those subway performers are all poor... well maybe they are but a lot of them are really talented. gotta try and check out that show.

Imposter34

Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quote

I finally got a chance to see the show yesterday and it was pretty good. And its pretty cool that i have seen some of the performers on the subway on my way to work b4.. The saw lady is really good i never noticed before and I see her in the subway all the time. I just voted for her to move on to the next round of the show because they are letting viewers pick their faves today.

NatureMuzic
Novice Member
Novice Member

Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quote

Each to his sown seems to be the common denominator on this post as I too am not a fan of the netywoprk "reality"shows, but the reality shows I do enjoy are on TLC, i.e. Code Blue, Trauma: Life In The ER & with the exception of a few faves in syndication, I watch a lot on the Bio Channel, the Documentary channel, TLC, History Channel, Int'. History, etc & am fortunate there are 4-5 PBS stations here in Southern California, where I can watch History Detectives as someone earlier had posted.

AidansMom

All TV is Lousy?      Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:49 am Reply with quote

I think it's crazy to say that there is nothing worth watching on television. I could spend 10 times more time than I do in front of the tv. There are tons of terrific entertainment series and plenty of decent comedies if you just want to forget the pressures of life.

And if your one of those that think that everything in life absolutely must have redeeming value (you future heart attack victims, I mean) then there are also huge numbers of entertaining but educational shows on Animal Planet, Public Television, Discovery Channel, History Channel, etc.

Now if you're actually saying that in addition to tons of good television there is also a bunch of trash ... well, that's a statement I might agree with.

Elizabeth_I

Re: All TV is Lousy?      Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:21 am Reply with quote

AidansMom wrote:
I think it's crazy to say that there is nothing worth watching on television. I could spend 10 times more time than I do in front of the tv. There are tons of terrific entertainment series and plenty of decent comedies if you just want to forget the pressures of life.

And if your one of those that think that everything in life absolutely must have redeeming value (you future heart attack victims, I mean) then there are also huge numbers of entertaining but educational shows on Animal Planet, Public Television, Discovery Channel, History Channel, etc.

Now if you're actually saying that in addition to tons of good television there is also a bunch of trash ... well, that's a statement I might agree with.

Yeah, I love Animal Planet and Discovery) It may be very educational)

aaliya

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:19 am Reply with quote

Do you really think ;like this? I don't think so, I love to see, always and even all kind of shows, These are always much better as per my knowledge.

razet93

Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 am Reply with quote

I am crazy for tv shows. But I did not like reality programs. But few reality show like dancing with the stars and american idol are the good. Mostly I watch comedy and action series...

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Do all TV shows stink? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved