Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dick Van Dyke's variety show, late 70's- anyone remember it?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> Dick Van Dyke's variety show, late 70's- anyone remember it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickh

Dick Van Dyke's variety show, late 70's- anyone remember it?      Wed May 06, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote

In 1976, Dick Van Dyke had a short-lived variety/sketch comedy series on NBC that I think was a summer replacement type show. I remember this being one of the funniest/ROFL shows I had ever seen. Anyone else remember it? If this should ever see the light of day on DVD, I'll buy it for sure, but it's unlikely. Maybe I can find a clip on You Tube.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat May 09, 2009 2:00 pm Reply with quote

The name of that series was "Van Dyke and Company". Andy Kaufman was a regular on the show so you know that the comedy was "unique" to say the least!

It won the Emmy for "Outstanding Comedy-Variety or Music Series" in the 1977 Emmy Awards and was nominated for two more!

Dick Van Dyke is definitely one of the greatest entertainers of all time. I can't recall any role including dramatic roles where I didn't like him!

Van Dyke and Company only lasted a few episodes as far as I can remember. Dick had another comedy series that often also goes unmentioned titled, "The New Dick Van Dyke Show" that lasted 72 episodes from 1971-1974.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> Dick Van Dyke's variety show, late 70's- anyone remember it? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved