Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Six Million Dollar Man

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> The Six Million Dollar Man
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slpless knight

The Six Million Dollar Man      Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:41 pm Reply with quote

I can't remember ever seeing The Six Million Dollar Man in re-runs or available on DVD. Does anyone no why???? A few years ago there was talk of making a big screen movie.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote

Miramax and Universal have been fighting for years now over who owns the rights to the Six Million Dollar Man. It appears that until that fight is over, we won't be seeing it on TV or on Dvd. What a waste!

For the same reason, there have been several attempts at making Six Million Dollar Man movies over the years that have all failed.

The first two seasons are being sold in the United Kingdom on "Region 2" dvds. They're available at Amazon UK through a "third-party merchant" in New Jersey! If Amazon was selling them directly, I'd be reasonably sure that they are legal but I'm very wary of their third party sellers. Purchasers feedback indicates that they were copied from old prints or videotapes. Official studio releases are rarely of such poor quality. I'm skeptical about their legality.

Hopefully Miramax and Universal will reach an arrangement someday and good remastered copies will become available!

ironman1188

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote

Are you aware that both the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman are now available on DVD?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:09 pm Reply with quote

I added the link to the Bionic Woman Dvds a while ago on our Bionic Woman page but I didn't realize that the Six Million Dollar Man was available. It's a bit weird because there are only a few copies of those available through 3rd party sellers at Amazon but the description says that they are Region 1 and officially licensed. Also weird is the fact that they are only available as a complete series set for over $300. No season sets.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote

I did some more research and found that the Six Million Dollar Man entire series set is being legally sold exclusively by Time/Life for $239.95. As you can see, it does pay to check out these things because the ones for sale at Amazon are from third party sellers who most likely bought them directly from Time/Life and then listed them on Amazon for much more money.

There's probably nothing illegal about that (assuming that they were originally purchased from Time/Life) but "Let the buyer beware" is always a good idea.

By the way, the Dvds are supposedly being offered for a limited time only.

Here's the Link: Six Million Dollar Man Dvds at Time/Life.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> The Six Million Dollar Man All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved