Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Darren McGavin passes on at 83

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Darren McGavin passes on at 83
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robert campbell
Junior Novice Member
Junior Novice Member

Darren McGavin passes on at 83      Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:58 am Reply with quote

Sad to hear Darren McGavin passed away on sat 25th feb 2006.
Best known for "Kolchak" He will be greatly remembered.
He was one of my favorite actors

Happipuppi

...and yet another. :> ( <----sad.      Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:13 pm Reply with quote

Now actor Dennis Weaver has passed on at 81 as well. Anyone who watched TV in the 60s & 70s knows he was cowboy detective "McCloud" on NBC,was on CBS's "Gunsmoke" and the frightened driver pursued by an insane semi-driver in Steven Speiberg's TV-film "Duel".

A lot mor folks have passed on tan we know,but i haven't he time to list them. I'll just say that I hope they're all in the happiest place possible.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Darren M      Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Darren McGavin and Dennis Weaver worked together on only one project (as far as I can tell). It was a 1992 TV movie titled, "Mastergate" which spoofed the Watergate hearings.

It's sad that they've passed but they both lived long lives. What really bothers me is when someone's life is cut short like John Ritter of "Three's Company" and "8 Simple Rules" fame. He died 6 days short of his 55th birthday.

Then there are the tragic cases of actors like George Reeves (The Adventures of Superman - 1952) who took his own life at age 45, probably due to his inability to get acting jobs because he was typecast as Superman. Even though a huge star, he was only able to get four non-Superman roles from 1953 till his death in 1959. Prior to being typecast, he had appeared in 67 other roles in films and on television. He had sunk so low that he was actually considering a career as an exhibition wrestler right before he committed suicide. Now that's sad!

Or Christopher Reeves, the "other" Superman who became paralyzed from the neck down at age 43 after taking a fall while horseback riding. He was an inspiration in his attitude and never lost hope that he'd someday be well. He fought what most doctors were saying would be a nearly immediate death for 9 1/2 years before finally passing on October 10, 2004 at age 52.

We can only hope that the rest of our TV Heroes of Yesteryear live lives more similar to the ones that Darren and Dennis lived even though we'll mourn their loss anyway!

Happipuppi

Don and John's last time together.      Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote

here's somethng I discovered checking "Internet Movie DataBase" (IMDB)

It turns out Don Knotts guested on Ritter's "8 Simple Rules" in it's first season in an early '03 broadcasted episdoe called (appropriately) "Come and Knock On Our Door". Smile

As we know,Ritter was gone months later. Sad

andy

Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quote

Nice SmileSmile sas

NatureMuzic
Novice Member
Novice Member

Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Darren McGavin was a great character actor - see Christmas Story, we all watch every holiday ! And loved him in Kolchak & a great role in Magnum PI - gone, but not forgotten.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Darren McGavin passes on at 83 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved