Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Also need help finding a show

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> Also need help finding a show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mainmama

Also need help finding a show      Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote

What was the name of the show about a science professor who created a
robot in the form of a little girl. He had a daughter of his own and they
had all kinds of trouble keeping rhe robot child a secret.[/b]

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Small Wonder TV Show      Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote

That sounds to me like "Small Wonder".

Check out our Small Wonder TV Show Page and our Small Wonder forum.

ksphin

Science Fiction Tv Show      Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Hi can anyone answer this question for me? Pi was featured as a key plot element during an episode of this popular science fiction show. (It was used to crash the computer) Thanks my daughter has this on a sheet the class is doing for Pi Day and it's the only question out of 20 that we haven't been able to find. Thanks for any help.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Pi was featured as a key plot element during an episode of this popular science fiction show. (It was used to crash the computer)

I know that I've seen that plot on some show but I can't for the life of me remember what series it was on! I seem to remember that this computer was taking over the world because it didn't trust humans to run the world properly. The computer felt that it was perfect and, therefore, better suited to make decisions for the stupid humans. The way that the humans stopped the computer was by telling the computer, "If you're truly perfect, then prove it by calculating the value of PI. Of course, the computer found that no matter how hard it tried, the problem never ended so it went crazy and "burnt up".

I can't believe that I can remember the plot so well but not remember the series! Darn!

I hope that recollection helps you or someone else come up with the answer.

ksphin

Tv show      Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Hi thanks for wracking your brain. Someone just sent me an email saying it was Star Trek the original series that this happened on. I didn't watch the show but if my brother were still alive he could have answered the question since he never missed an episode!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Finding a TV Show episode      Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:19 am Reply with quote

Reader's Beware!!!!
A spoiler follows for a Star Trek episode. Don't read past the next paragraph if you intend to watch it!

I remember now. It was a second season episode of Star Trek - The Original Series titled, "Wolf in the Fold".

------------------Spoiler Starts NOW!--------------

An evil, non-corporeal entity is murdering women. The Enterprise computer figures out that the entity has been doing so for centuries by taking over human beings' bodies. In fact, it was responsible for the famous "Jack the Ripper" murders.

When the entity takes over the Enterprise's computer, it threatens to kill the entire crew! That's when Spock somehow forced the computer to calculate PI "to the last digit", which is impossible, and the entity was destroyed.

I'm so glad we found it!

Todays72

Seven Days / 7 Days      Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:56 pm Reply with quote

I'm looking for the show with Frank Parker and the Russian Woman. I think it is called "Seven Days". I can't find pictures or wallpaper for it on my computer.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Finding a TV show      Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:02 am Reply with quote

You're definitely correct about the name. 7 Days was one of my favorite shows about a government project that could send a man back in time exactly 7 days. Typically, some disaster would happen (for example: Nuclear War broke out due to a computer malfunction) and then Frank Parker would go back in time to prevent the Nuclear exchange from happening in the first place.

We have a black & white cast photo on our 7 Days TV Show Page.

Otherwise, photos from that series are pretty rare. I know that when you search at Google images for them, the only ones that come up are ours and one other site with the same photo.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Todays72

Pi plot.      Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quote

IT WASN'T A TV SERIES.

IT WAS A MOVIE CALLED "THE NET"

STARRING

SANDRA BULLOCK.

I JUST WATCHED IT LAST WEEK...
SO IT'S STILL FRESH IN MY MIND.

BeachBoy

The Net Movie?      Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quote

Quote:
IT WAS A MOVIE CALLED "THE NET"

What was a movie called "The Net"????

In this thread we've discussed a show about a little girl robot, a computer that calculates PI, and a show with a carachter named Frank Parker and a Russian woman.

We have no idea which of those posts you're refering to unless you point it out.

Napalm

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote

does anyone know the name of a tv show from the 90's that had a main character by the name declan and he was an alien bounty hunter or something. I cant remember anything else so anyone with any more info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

scottoboescott

I can't remember what this show was....      Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote

I saw Whedon's "Dollhouse" last night, and was reminded of a TV series (it could have been a made for TV movie) about a spy/secret agent type who, due to some accident, was able to hook himself up to a computer, and learn whatever skills were necessary for that week's assignment (for some reason I remember him learning Mandarin)

The skills were lost after...the third day, I think? But it was a lot less invasive than the personality downloading in "Dollhouse"...he always remembered who he was, and never had to have his memory wiped afterward. (At least I think so, I was probably 7 or 8 when I watched the show, which would have put it in the mid to late 70s)

Thanks for you help.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> Also need help finding a show All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved