Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Indy Films...

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General Discussion -> Indy Films...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vizwiz

Indy Films...      Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:16 am Reply with quote

Just saw Johnny Suede (how's I miss that one?).
Name some little known Indy films that ended up being really good!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

All Time Best Independent Films      Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quote

One that I saw not too long ago and loved was, " Memoirs of a Geisha".

tubedude
Novice Member
Novice Member

way better than I thought it'd be      Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:55 pm Reply with quote

I just saw He Was A Quiet Man with Christian Slater, not sure if this was direct to DVD or what, but it was pretty damn good for a movie that I hadnt heard a lick about. It makes me wonder how much quality stuff gets brushed under the rug into days mainstream only market.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Independent Films      Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quote

The problem with a lot of independent films is that their subject matter does not appeal to large audiences. Often, the plot is something that's of social importance like racism, hatred of homosexuals, or some other societal evil. Unfortunately, the big box office hits are mostly the same old, same old with fantastic special effects, car crashes, teenage love affairs, or blood and gore.

But once in a while, there is an independent film that achieves both quality film-making (outstanding script, acting, costuming, etc.) and also is quite entertaining. Those are the jewels that sometimes still don't, unfortunately, get mass released.

tubedude
Novice Member
Novice Member

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote

Very True, its almost like the mainstream are the completley brainwashed individuals who loose their mind when they find out the Whopper has been discontinued.

tubedude
Novice Member
Novice Member

Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:34 am Reply with quote

The Grand is by far the best independent movie to hit the screen this year and right behind that I'd have to put my eggs on Sex and Death 101. Honestly I knew the Grand was gonna be classic from the moment I caught wind of it, but Sex and Death was the real shocker, such a perfect date movie. My wife loves this flick, and all I do is throw a few impression of the lead dude(forget his name) at her and its off to the races. At anyrate, check theese for sure...lol!

tubedude
Novice Member
Novice Member

Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quote

These may not be indy films but i just saw that new Highschool Reunion edition of Heathers which never disappoints. I saw the Cottage which I am absolutely obsesses with. Also a movie which I think is gonna be one of those cult classics that people wont recognize til its 5 yrs old, its called Just Add Water. If you havenít seen this one see it...itís funny. Also saw a completely original concept for the first time in like forever, The Tatooist everybit as good as it is original.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General Discussion -> Indy Films... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved