Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Bush a twit or is it just me?
Goto page 1,
2  Next  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> News/Commentary/Documentary -> Is Bush a twit or is it just me?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJohnson

Is Bush a twit or is it just me?      Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Let's see ... he's a drunk into his forties ... fails miserably in the oil business where he has many contacts ... has to get the Supreme Court's help to win the Presidency against AL GORE (how embarrasing) ... looks at intelligence photos of trucks removing garbage in Iraq and thinks the garbage is "weapons of mass destruction" ... and now he joins with Teddy Kennedy in promoting an Amnesty and fast track to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

If they made a movie about George W's life, the critics would all say that the storyline was unbelieveable.

jack

george bush is hero to the world!!!!      Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote

your the twit for not realizing that george bush will be remembered as the greatest president of all time.

he had the guts to go into a part of the world that would have lead us into destruction. what do you think that radical muslim extremeists would do when tecnology makes it possible for them to use nukes and biological weapons?

were in a race against tecnology. we have to come to a melding with the muslim world before those things are available to the extremeists! the jews have been trying to come to terms with them peacefully for thousands of years and NOTHING has improved for them.

the only solution was to use a pretext like sadam to put our troops into the region. democratize iraq. change the muslim extrmeist attitude (and other religions extremeist attitudes too) that their religion is the only acceptable one and all others must be destroyed. the extremeist leaders want that because it gives them their power. unfortunately most others will follow a strong leader in their views. that must end!

JazzLover

George Bush      Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote

I'm no where near convinced about George Bush becoming the greatest President of all time, but I do believe that what's being done in the Middle East is absolutely necessary!

Now, after the Israelis gave the Palestinians all of that land, the Muslim extremist Hamas is launching missiles at Israel!!!! Israel gives up their "buffer zone" and the terrorists take nearly instant advantage of it!

And at the same time, they're still stating their desire to destroy Israel. And the Palastinian leader say, "Gee, we're trying but we can't control the radicals".

The problems in the Middle East will not go away until the whole atmosphere in the Muslim world changes to one that doesn't breed terrorists!

George Bush started it by using Sadam Hussein's refusal to fully cooperate with U.N. declarations as an excuse to go in and Democratize Iraq.

Israel will probably now use the launching of missiles from land they gave up as part of the "PEACE PROCESS" to remove all Syrians from Lebanon and round-up the Hamas leaders and many of their followers.

It has to be done! No mistake about it. And Mr. Bush knows that no matter how much one would prefer to stop the terrorism through talk, it hasn't worked in that part of the world for tens of centuries and it ain't gonna work now either!

johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Bush is a Twit      Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote

RJohnson had it right. Bush is a twit. Now he wants to listen in on any conversation without a warrant as long as one party is outside the U.S.

So don't non-Americans have any right to privacy? And what about the American whose on the other end of the line?

Now Mr. Twit says, "It's only used on conversations involving someone suspected of terrorist connections". Gee. Maybe some of us would prefer not to just take Mr. Twit's word on that one.

President Nixon wasn't supposed to use the IRS to make life difficult on his political rivals but, today we know he did. If caught, I'm sure his reasoning would have been something like, "We only did it to people who endangered the American way of life" or some other such nonsense!

GET A WARRANT, MR. TWIT OR STAY OFF MY LINE! If you can't protect us from terrorism without taking away the protections that have kept us free for 230 years, then maybe we need some new leadership Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

President Bush      Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:21 pm Reply with quote

I don't usually comment on politics or religion here but I will say that you have some good points John!

I think this question of recording phone conversations without warrants as long as one party is outside the U.S. and there is reason to believe that the non-U.S. party is involved in terrorist activity sounds good on the surface. There's no doubt that most such conversations would be over by the time a warrant could be issued and that we might get useful intelligence from such phone taps that would result in stopping terrorist activities.

So that's the "for no warrant" argument.

It does bother me, as you said, that solitary human beings might start making these decisions and justifying that my call from my Uncle in Germany can be tapped because he marched in a peace rally against the Vietnam War in 1973! More or less, any justification to tap the phone. Then all they have to do is throw Uncle in prison with no lawyer because they claim the phone call was indicative of him being a terrorist and offer no proof because of "National Security". There are just way too many possiblilities of abuse in some of the things our government is trying to do even though I believe those at the top (including Bush) sincerely believe they're the best thing for the country.

The the "must get a warrant" argument.

But maybe there could be a solution? How about Judges whose only job is to issue warrants to tap such calls. At least that would bring back the "two-tiered" approval process so that some mid-level federal agent isn't making the decision on his own. The Judges could be right there as the agents decide they want to tap the call. The Judges will have seen the reasons why the agents feel the call should be tapped. In many cases, they should be able to make an immediate decision to issue the warrant and somehow enable them to do it instantly. They could be appointed for life or in some way where the government can't punish them in any way for denying warrants.

I think everyone needs to look for that type of solution to the dilemna we find ourselves in of preventing terrorist attacks without becoming a police state.

What do you think?

Jackson

Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote

Bush is in training to become a twit. He's not up to that level yet!

AidansMom

It's Easy to Critisize      Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:38 pm Reply with quote

I think we often take the easy path when we disagree with our politicians by calling them names.

I don't think that any of our Presidents, including George Bush, were stupid or evil. I think that reasonable people often see different solutions to the same problems.

George Bush, I'm sure, feels strongly that:

1. The way to end terrorism is to democratize the middle east starting with Iraq.
2. When rich people have lower taxes, they spend their extra money in investments which end out benefiting the middle income and the poor.
3. We can't give terrorist combatants the right to a speedy trial and a lawyer because they might leak information of national security interest.
4. Etc.

Mr. Bush's opponents feel strongly that:

1. Occupying a Muslim country simply creates more anti-western terrorism.
2. When poor people have lower taxes or receive tax credits, they spend those dollars on consumer goods which benefits rich people's portfolios.
3. We can't give up our freedoms just because our government feels they can't fight terrorism in any other way. When we deny others the right to a speedy trial and seeing a lawyer, we become one step closer to losing those freedoms ourselves. Plus - It's just plain wrong.
4. Etc.

So again, it's understandable that sincere and honest people can all have good intentions, and yet, disagree with each other. Don't call those politicians you disagree with nasty names. Use your vote, letters to them expressing your views in a civilized manner, and become active politically in a campaign for someone who believes as you do.

Nebka

Tue May 27, 2008 11:56 pm Reply with quote

John is right on Bush opinion polls is around 28% and many polls have him rated around Harding and Coolidge as presidents go and they are considered the worst in american history

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The transition of the Bush Dynasty      Wed May 28, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quote

I saw an interesting program on the first President Bush the other day. It was basically about how his political viewpoints started pretty far to the left of the Republican Party.

After losing a few elections, he realized that in order to get elected, he would have to move farther to the right. Of course, we all know that his failure to keep his promise of "no new taxes" is what lost him his second term as President. He slipped back into his moderate mode by the end of his term and the right-wingers just didn't support him for re-election because of it.

Then the show went on to explain that our current President Bush's political stance had also always been quite moderate but the Bush's had learned their lesson by the time George W. ran for governor and he also moved to the right in order to appease the right wing of the Republican Party.

It's interesting to speculate what might have happened in the U.S. if somehow they could both have remained moderate conservatives.

johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote

Who gives a darn now! I'm a former Republican Embarassed who now believes that Obama is the man! The economy is turning around six months before most of the economic experts said it would when Obama took office Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

New and existing housing sales are both up! The stock market including my 401K (thank God) is up Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation My cousin who got laid off four months ago just got rehired by his old company that almost went out of business under BUSH! Mad

Happy days are almost here again! Laughing

God bless liberals!

Very Happy Laughing Smile

Nebka

Is Bush a twit or is it just me?      Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quote

I am a Dem but i will say this the best president was Lincoln

johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote

Actually, Lincoln failed at everything he tried to avoid the civil war. The North's industrial strength won the war. Lincoln was not nearly as "anti-slavery" as history gives him credit for. So what exactly makes him the "Best" President Question

I beleive that he was President during the worst time in U.S. history and, for that, he deserves credit for holding himself and the North together. And it was horrible that he was assasinated, but assasinations don't make Presidents greater, we just seem to give them extra points because of it.

Ronald Regan was the best President. In many ways he stunk but eliminating the last evil superpower on Earth more than made up for it. Tens or hundreds of Millions of people today are free because of his cold war policies.

Slavery was a dying institution during Lincoln's time anyway. Great Britain, France and most other nations had already abolished slavery. The southern U.S. states didn't have a chance of keeping it around much longer.

On the other hand, Regan not only freed many many millions from oppressive communist rule, if not for Regan the Communists may have won the cold war and the world could be mostly oppressive governments today. Regan ended that possibility far into our futures.

Thanks Ronny Exclamation

Laughing Very Happy Laughing

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Bush the twit!      Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:44 pm Reply with quote

A few days ago I saw a poll where nearly half of the American people would prefer to have Bush back as President over Obama! Do they not remember the banks closing their doors BEFORE Bush left office. Or the war with no weapons of mass destruction? Or the fact that nearly one million people per month were losing their jobs? While the mortgage and stock brokers were earning record profits!

It seems strange to me that it apparently wasn't Bush's fault that we were attacked on September 11, 2001, eight months after he took office but all of our economic woes were Obama's fault in a matter of weeks after he took office! Amazing!

misterg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon May 17, 2010 11:25 am Reply with quote

what about the gay-bashing politicians who turn out to be gay themselves?

or the ones that appear with there loving wife and kids smiling beside them while they are carrying on an affair on the side?

sometimes its hard to believe anything they say!

JazzLover

Lying Politicians      Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Too bad there's not some obvious way to tell when a politician is lying!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> News/Commentary/Documentary -> Is Bush a twit or is it just me? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved