Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

V - The Miniseries, Final Battle, & TV Series

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> V - The Miniseries, Final Battle, & TV Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MainMan

V - The Miniseries, Final Battle, & TV Series      Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:13 am Reply with quote

I've seen stuff about some show called "V" and it looks like it's right up my alley. (sci-fi nut here).

I can't search for info about it because you get every damned web page in the world when your search term is simply the letter "V".

What I have found is confusing because sometimes it's called a tv series and sometimes a miniseries and sometimes "the final battle".

I don't get it!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote

First there was a V Mini-series.

Then there was a V - The Final Battle Mini-Series

Then came V the TV series for 19 episodes.

For more information, try our V page at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/v.html

Added by CrazyAboutTV: - You can also visit our "New V TV Series Page" for information on the new V series that premieres on November 3, 2009 at 8PM on ABC! Let us know what you think right here!

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

BeachBoy

Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:23 am Reply with quote

I want to see all of those! Is it ever on the sci fi chanel or someplace else! Is it as good as it sounds?

jazzyjeff

'v'      Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:50 am Reply with quote

it was on sci fi when that channel first started out.
i dont know if has been or will be anytime soon as i no longer have cable.
i do currantly own both mini series on video tape but have only seen a few of the series episodes.
the mini series is on three video tapes.
i dont know if the tv series ever made it to video.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:22 am Reply with quote

Quote:
i dont know if the tv series ever made it to video

Everything V is available on Dvd. They're nearly impossible to find because if you search on "V" you get every item with that letter in it or you get no results at all (depending on where you're searching).

We have a page at our site with links to hundreds of TV series that are available on Dvd and all of the V stuff is listed there. V is actually one of the cheapest I've seen. You can get the Mini-Series, Final Battle, and the entire TV series for $61.95 (Current price). And if you're not sure about the whole thing, you can get the Mini-Series alone for only $11.23!!!

Here's the link to that page:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/miscpages/tvshowsondvd.html

MainMan

Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:10 am Reply with quote

Well, I bought everything! Both mini-series and the tv episodes.

It was fantastic up until about the final three episodes of the tv series which really stunk bad! It's no wonder that the series died at that point!

It was such a dramatic difference that there must have been a change in writers or something. I'm glad I bought them though because everything else ruled!

It's not like no other series ever started out great and then died at the end. The original "Battlestar Galactica", for example, was was better at the beginning than at the end and much better than it's spinoff, "Galactica 1980".

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote

I bought them all too quite a while ago. You're so right about those final few episodes. How could an otherwise great show go rotten so fast? It was either like you said and they changed writers or they knew the series was being cancelled and axed the production budget for the last episodes.

The only other weak points were the special effects were often obvious (but easily ignored), reptile aliens kept wearing their human masks after we Earthlings knew they were reptiles (obviously easier on the budget to keep them looking human - no makeup), and the heros being better at piloting the aliens shuttlecraft than the aliens were with (presumably) years of training.

All that said, if you're an "evil aliens try to take over the Earth" fan, this was one of the best when you consider its age and the much smaller budgets of TV series versus movies.

Total Lost

I need help with the ending      Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:34 pm Reply with quote

Confused Please explain to me, I have seen V the original movie, then I watched episoeds 1-18 (the return) so is that it are they just leaving you hanging or am I missing something?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

How confusing is V?      Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:24 pm Reply with quote

There was a 2-part miniseries in 1983 simply called "V".

A year later, almost to the day, another 3-part miniseries aired called V: The Final Battlle.

Then, five months later, the TV series began and ran for 19 episodes.

You should watch them in that order for maximum enjoyment.

It's sounds like you either missed one of the miniseries or you weren't aware that they were two seperate miniseries.

pscilocybin303

The music at the start of the show!      Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote

Ha ha! I loved this show.
But what really got me when I was a child was the the theme music at the start of the show, really serious sounding electronic/synth music with cool drumming made with a roland 808 (probably)
I have searched the net and cant seem to find the V theme, could any of you nice people help?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The New V TV Series Remake!      Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:36 am Reply with quote

I just wanted to let you V fans out there know that there is a brand new updated V TV series that will premiere on November 3, 2009! I've also added a page at the site for the "New V TV Series Remake".

Check it out!

ironman1188

Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote

pscilocybin303, the themes to both mini series and the Tv series are available on CD.

The reason the last few episodes went downhill was the cast was shortened to cut costs then the series was to be cancelled so episodes just kind of got cranked out with a final episode that could or could not be continued should another network have picked it up.

Interestingly, Kenneth Johnson, who created V, doesn't even acknowledge the Final Battle or Series as having taken place in his V: The Second Generation novel. He was not involved with them during their production and that is another reason that some state for the poorer scripts.

As a "V" fan here's a couple of pix to generate your interest:

Becky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:22 am Reply with quote

I never saw V but just wanted to comment on how real those action figures look! Wow!

ironman1188

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quote

Becky wrote:
I never saw V but just wanted to comment on how real those action figures look! Wow!

Thank you. That truly means a lot.

AidansMom

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote

They're so real it's a bit eerie!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> V - The Miniseries, Final Battle, & TV Series All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved