Joined: 07 Oct 2007
|HELP! It's driving me mad... what was the TV program called? Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:58 am
I am really hoping you can help me with this one, it's been driving me mad for weeks and no amount of searching Google or picking my mates' brains has helped...
I am trying to remember the name of a rather quirky American (I guess it may have been Canadian?) TV series and here are the only clues I can offer you:
1) It was basically a DIY show for women, but as a male I very much emjoyed it!
2) It was presented by a woman who was kinda quirky in her approach - she would often drift off into dreamy scenes where she's read out poetry and then she'd relate that to the making of some wooden ornament etc.
3) For some reason I keep thinking her name was something like 'Mags'
4) Most of the show was set in her barn-like wood-workshop with lots of wooden objects around which she had made. She was a talented wood-crafter.
5) She would wear a tool belt most of the time (I think) and there were lots of power tools used by her
6) There was the sense of a countryside location, very rural and rustic
7) She was an attractive lady, in personality rather than classical looks, and would definitely be described as a bit quirky. She would tend to make little mistakes sometimes which I think was deliberate.
When she lapsed into her poetic scenes they would use soft focus effects and make it all seem very romantic and dreamy - which was quite odd when you consider that it was primarily a DIY woodworking program
I think that's about all I can offer - I would be eternally grateful if someone could come up with either the lady's name or the TV program name etc.
I might then get some sleep at night!!!