Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! It's driving me mad... what was the TV program called?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> HELP! It's driving me mad... what was the TV program called?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goggle-eyed

HELP! It's driving me mad... what was the TV program called?      Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:58 am Reply with quote

Hi all

I am really hoping you can help me with this one, it's been driving me mad for weeks and no amount of searching Google or picking my mates' brains has helped...

I am trying to remember the name of a rather quirky American (I guess it may have been Canadian?) TV series and here are the only clues I can offer you:

1) It was basically a DIY show for women, but as a male I very much emjoyed it!
2) It was presented by a woman who was kinda quirky in her approach - she would often drift off into dreamy scenes where she's read out poetry and then she'd relate that to the making of some wooden ornament etc.
3) For some reason I keep thinking her name was something like 'Mags'
4) Most of the show was set in her barn-like wood-workshop with lots of wooden objects around which she had made. She was a talented wood-crafter.
5) She would wear a tool belt most of the time (I think) and there were lots of power tools used by her
6) There was the sense of a countryside location, very rural and rustic
7) She was an attractive lady, in personality rather than classical looks, and would definitely be described as a bit quirky. She would tend to make little mistakes sometimes which I think was deliberate.
Cool When she lapsed into her poetic scenes they would use soft focus effects and make it all seem very romantic and dreamy - which was quite odd when you consider that it was primarily a DIY woodworking program

I think that's about all I can offer - I would be eternally grateful if someone could come up with either the lady's name or the TV program name etc.

I might then get some sleep at night!!!

Many thanks
Goggle-eyed

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> HELP! It's driving me mad... what was the TV program called? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved