Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A show called Agony on LiveTV

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> A show called Agony on LiveTV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philfer

A show called Agony on LiveTV      Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:58 am Reply with quote

Does anyone remember that cable channel LiveTV? It had a programme on it called Agony which was like an agony aunt type programme.

A few people from my Uni were on it an I am trying to find cast listings for the shows to remind myself of their names as I am trying to look them up again.

Does anyone know if something like this exists anywhere?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agony Cast Members      Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:18 am Reply with quote

Hopefully, this page at the Internet Movie Database is what you're seeking.

Good Luck!

philfer

Good try      Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for that try. It was a good shot but not quite right.

The show I was talking about was on a short lived cable tv channel in the UK called LiveTV. It was a tv channel that a lady called Janet Street Porter was involved with and didnt last very long (maybe a couple of years) . The Agony TV show was a bit of a fun take/discussion on relationship problems and the problem was acted out in a sketch by students (usually). It is a bunch of these students, who I went to Uni with, that I am trying to track down.

You sound like you know your stuff and your help would be trully appreciated

Phil

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agony TV Show      Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:22 am Reply with quote

I thought for sure that would be it. That was a UK series with an Agony Aunt theme.

Upon further investigation, I found another show titled, "Agony" that aired on LiveTV around 1998-1999. Here's a list of the cast members:

Alan Blyton , Rebecca Dite, James Doherty, Hannah Jane Fox, Ingi Thor Jonsson, Jasmine Lowson, Renee Montemayor, Claire Ross-Brown, Jayne Sharp

Directors were: Phil Priestman & Mark Reynaud

Writers were: Alan Blyton & Paul Carmichael

If that one is wrong too, give me an approximate year that the series aired or any other info. that might help narrow things down.

Does anybody else have any information?

philfer

getting much closer      Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:47 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

Man you are so close now.

Where did you find that information. That is definately the right show. The cast list you got was the list of presenters. I need a list of the people who acted in the sketches and there will be quite a long list.

You are so so close now!!!

I appreciate all the help though. You have no idea
Phil

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agony on LiveTv      Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote

Those are the only names I can find that are associated with that series. According to my information, Jasmine Lowson and Jayne Sharp from the list above were presenters and all of the other names were cast members.

Those names are probably the regular cast members or, at least, actors who appeared on more than one episode. If you're looking for information about people who came on the show to discuss their problems, that may be pretty hard to find. That type of information is often not available.

You're only hope then would be to find someone who was associated with the show (Producer, director, etc.) and hope they have access to records with that information. That's probably a long shot too though.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> A show called Agony on LiveTV All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved