Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Guiding Light

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Soaps -> The Guiding Light
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoyoBeam
Junior Novice Member
Junior Novice Member

The Guiding Light      Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quote

If you’re a fan of Guiding Light like myself (or As The World Turns… I don’t think it matters actually) and have a newborn baby you might want to check out this promotion

Dead Link removed by Admin

$50,000 or a six months supply of pampers to the lucky gal (what are the chances of guys watching this?) who can answer some questions about the show next week.

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The Guiding Light is GONE!!!!      Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:43 am Reply with quote

Its so sad that the Guiding Light was cancelled! It was on radio and TV longer than any other drama series! Some of the stars spent nearly their entire working lives on the show. And the Guiding Light had what I think were the best plot twists of any soap on the air. I feel almost like I've lost a close friend but there's no funeral.

Oh well! All good things must end!

misterg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

guiding light soap opera      Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:07 am Reply with quote

i remember during college, going to the student union during breaks between classes and there were always soaps like the guiding light on the tv. i could have cared less at first. i just figured it was a good place to hang out because tons of girls were there watching! eventually though i got hooked.

it was a good show. oh darn!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote

That's funny because I remember meeting girls in the student union during soaps too! At that time I didn't get hooked on the daytime soaps but years later a girlfriend got me hooked on the primetime soaps, "Dallas", "Dynasty", and a few others.

Alyssa
Novice Member
Novice Member

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:58 am Reply with quote

I was one of those girls at the student union watching the Guiding Light. College was a great time of life! I really miss it! Dozens of friends and something to do 24/7.

JazzLover

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quote

Meeting girls during soap operas, huh? Thanks for the tip! I never tried it but if I ever go to graduate school I'll definitely give it a try.

TVProfessor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:10 pm Reply with quote

I won't miss the Guiding Light. One less thing for my wife to tie up the television set!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Soaps -> The Guiding Light All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved