Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M.A.N.T.I.S.

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> M.A.N.T.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MATRIXMAN

M.A.N.T.I.S.      Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:59 am Reply with quote

I think that M.A.N.T.I.S. is a ripoff! I clearly remember a show, mini-series, or made for tv movie around the late 70's to early 80's that had the same theme. The differences were the paralyzed guy (Dr. or whatever) had a van or small RV that had a special bed in it that put his suit on for him which was more "robotic" than on M.A.N.T.I.S. I believe there was also some kind of crime computer involved that helped him to predict the next crime location. I know this show or movie existed due to the memory of watching it in my early youth, M.A.N.T.I.S aired on Fox in 1994, when I was in my mid-twenties. If anyone knows the name of the show I am referring to it would be a great help in my quest for answers. Thanks ~MM

Steve H

Re: M.A.N.T.I.S. a ripoff?      Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote

MATRIXMAN wrote:
I think so. I clearly remember a show, mini-series, or made for tv movie around the late 70's to early 80's that had the same theme. The differences were the paralyzed guy (Dr. or whatever) had a van or small RV that had a special bed in it that put his suit on for him which was more "robotic" than M.A.N.T.I.S. I believe there was also some kind of crime computer involved that helped him to predict the next crime location. I know this show or movie existed due to the memory of watching it in my early youth, M.A.N.T.I.S aired on Fox in 1994, when I was in my mid-twenties. If anyone knows the name of the show I am referring to it would be a great help in my quest for answers. Thanks ~MM

Sounds Like Exo-Man. Late 1970's TV movie. IIRC it was adapted from an idea by Martin Caidin, who wrote the Cyborg novels that became The Six Million Dollar Man. Not that great, but neat idea. Arguably it and M.A.N.T.I.S. are "rip-offs" of Iron Man (to be fair, I guess you'd call them new takes on the concept, which is common in sci-fi).

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> M.A.N.T.I.S. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved