Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time Tunnel

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> Time Tunnel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maremu05

Time Tunnel      Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote

Hey all,

Does anyone know of any channel that shows re-runs of the Time Tunnel and Land of Giants. Please let me know.

Maremu05

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Time Tunnel and Land of the Giants reruns      Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:11 am Reply with quote

The sci-fi channel ran the Time Tunnel episodes a while back and I think (but may be wrong) that I also saw a few episodes of the Land of the Giants there too a few years ago.

Usually, anything they've run comes back eventually so you have to watch the listings.

The first 15 of 30 episodes of the Time Tunnel are finally available on legal dvds. For descriptions of those episodes, you can check out our Time Tunnel page at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/timetunnel.html

As far as we're aware, there are no LEGAL Land of the Giants videos or Dvds available.

johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The Time Tunnel Rocks!      Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote

I saw the Time Tunnel on the sci-fi channel! Laughing

The first 4 episodes were (IMO) the best by far, but they were all pretty good!

You even learn a bit of history while watching although the stories are VERY loosely based on historical events. Shocked

jajsage

time tunnel      Sat May 06, 2006 2:32 pm Reply with quote

they just aired all the episodes on Encore not to long ago. The first set of 15 episodes was just released on retail dvd as well.
Jeff

Anthony Newman

Re: Time Tunnel and Land of the Giants reruns      Mon May 15, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV wrote:
The sci-fi channel ran the Time Tunnel episodes a while back and I think (but may be wrong) that I also saw a few episodes of the Land of the Giants there too a few years ago.

Usually, anything they've run comes back eventually so you have to watch the listings.

The first 15 of 30 episodes of the Time Tunnel are finally available on legal dvds. For descriptions of those episodes, you can check out our Time Tunnel page at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/timetunnel.html

As far as we're aware, there are no LEGAL Land of the Giants videos or Dvds available.

Yep, Sci-Fi showed the Time Tunnel and Encore has been showing it for quite awhile now and I've recorded them all. But Sci-Fi edits out 3 or more minutes of scenes out of each show to squeeze in more commercials. They do this with all older shows and have since day one. Encore shows the full uncut versions EXCEPT for the fact they don't show the preview of the next show like was originally aired. The only way of getting the truly uncut shows with these previews intact are on the official DVD set.

tkmops

New Time Tunnel unsold 2002 pilot?      Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:17 pm Reply with quote

This is probably old news, as it's 4 years old...how many of the forum members knew that there was a 2002 TT unaired/unsold pilot? I just got my TT vol 2 DVD box set, and was quite surprised to find it, along with the 'Time Travelers' TV movie, from the late '70's?
While the show was OK, I can see why it wasn't picked up for series-the mis-use of rock music and the 'gung-ho' Aliens type of Marines just didn't work-in my opinion. Any one else seen this and want to discuss it?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Time Tunnel Dvds      Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:53 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the informative post!

We didn't have the information about the 2002 pilot on our Time Tunnel page but we've added it now as a trivia item.

stacielawrence

TIME TUNNEL WITH JAMES DARREN AND ROBERT COLBERT      Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:53 am Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I JUST WANTED TO SAY I ENJOY ALOT THE TIME TUNNEL SHOWS. I JUST WISH THEY MAKE SHOWS TODAY . Crying or Very sad

softball_80

Always something going on!      Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:07 pm Reply with quote

The only thing that always got me about this show was they never landed anywhere where nothing was going on! It was always the deck of the Titanic, Omaha Beach, a rocket to the moon or the Alamo. Real life's a lot duller than that!

(We're gonna hit an iceberg! We're gonna sink!
Nonsense, this ship is unsinkable!)

We all know how THAT worked out!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Time Tunnel TV Show      Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Real life's a lot duller than that!

True, but you could say the same thing about the vast majority of TV series.

And who would watch a show about 2 guys who go back in time to a peaceful town with average people in the old West where exciting things rarely happened? Getting tossed into Custer's battle and demise at Little Big Horn is so much more entertaining!

Of course, that means we fans simply had to accept the unlikelihood that the guys would always find themselves being cast into exciting moments in history.

Marlo

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:15 am Reply with quote

I would like to give a suggestion to Hollywood Producers, ie: Steven Spielberg/ Jerry Bruckheimer if they're not afraid of remaking an old tv series into a major motion picture, with a twist. The Time Tunnel starring: Jim Caviezel as Dr Tony Newman, Mark Wahlberg as Dr Doug Phillips, Elizabeth Banks as Dr Ann MacGregor, Jack Nicholson as Dr Ray Swain, Tim Allen as Jerry (Duke), Bruce Willis as LtGen Heywood Kirk, Andre Braugher as (Dr Sam) Jiggs, and Debbie Dunning as Sen Phyllis Newman. This segment opens with Jerry Duke as an out of work demolitions expert, father of three who's so clumsy he blows up the wrong building with all of the pressures of a passing spouse and two troubled teens who are trying their liberties and their dad's patience. When he's fired, he takes a ROAD TRIP to nearby Area 51 where an antiquated time tunnel was mothballed. Until Jerry accidentally finds a way to make it operable, and steps into the machine...!! Sure hope someone sees an interest in this idea, enough to make it worthy. Sincerely, Marlo J Schouten

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Time Tunnel TV Show      Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:49 am Reply with quote

I personally would love to see a Time Tunnel remake if done well.

The problem with a show like Time Tunnel from the studio's point of view is that staging and costuming shows that take place in other time periods is expensive and shows get much smaller audiences today due to so much competition.

Smaller budgets for todays TV series is a problem for them and for us, the fans who want quality TV.

But I agree that I'll give a Time Tunnel remake a chance if any studio is willing to make the effort!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> Time Tunnel All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved