Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What TV Show is this Quote From?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> What TV Show is this Quote From?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
famjrny

What TV Show is this Quote From?      Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote

Iíve been searching for the answer to this for some time now, and I was hoping someone could help me. It was an old TV show. Iím not certain if it was a sit-com, or a skit from a variety show. The line was from a scene with an interrogator who said "Weíll make you eat your favorite ice cream very-very fast so it will give you a headache." Iím not sure if this is the exact line, but if not, itís very close. Can anyone tell me what show this is from? I think the show is from the mid 1980's or earlier. I originally thought it was from one of the Get Smart episodes, but I donít believe it is.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

TV Show Ice Cream Headache Quote      Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:18 am Reply with quote

I couldn't find any definitive answer to your question but I did find an episode that I suspect might be the one you're looking for.

My quess is that Bob Goldthwait said that on the series "Unhappily Ever After" in his role as the voice of Mr. Floppy.

I believe that the phrase you are referring to was on episode #54 titled, "Little Ice Cream Shop Of Horrors".

That was near the end of the third season.

I hope that was it!

famjrny

Re: TV Show Ice Cream Headache Quote      Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

You're the second person who thought they remembered that line coming from Bob Goldthwait, but I don't think it's the one I'm looking for. I think the line I'm looking for was used in a slightly different context for "Unhappily Ever After". I personally never watched this show and the time frame of this episode (in the late 1990's) doesn't work. In addition, I can almost remember a "Columbo" type character saying the line...Not Mr. Floppy...lol.

I Think I'm going to keep on searching. I'd appreciate it if this question can remain posted for a while longer...just in case.

Thanks for your time & your help...I appreciate it.

CrazyAboutTV wrote:
I couldn't find any definitive answer to your question but I did find an episode that I suspect might be the one you're looking for.

My quess is that Bob Goldthwait said that on the series "Unhappily Ever After" in his role as the voice of Mr. Floppy.

I believe that the phrase you are referring to was on episode #54 titled, "Little Ice Cream Shop Of Horrors".

That was near the end of the third season.

I hope that was it!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

TV Show Quote      Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:53 am Reply with quote

It's possible that the Happily Ever After writers either consciously or unconsciously stole that line from the show you're thinking of.

It sounds like the type of thing that an interrogator would say on a really silly spy or military show. Maybe Maxwell Smart on "Get Smart" or some Nazi on "Hogan's Heroes"? Those were the mid to late 60s though.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> What TV Show is this Quote From? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved