Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help finding an old show

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> I need help finding an old show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orllybee

I need help finding an old show      Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:54 am Reply with quote

Do you ever have a show just pop into your head and you know you watched it, but you can't think of the name. Well that is my problem at the moment. I need your help. Think back to the late 90's. The show was either on Nickelodeon or Disney. Okay. The plot was of a young black boy who was a star in a spy t.v. show. He wanted to have normal life so he moved from California to live with his dad. His dad was a Sheriff of the small country town. He even had the whole t.v. crew move to the town with him. He made the show and went to school while of course putting in a moral in every episode. It is driving me crazy not knowing the name of the show. I liked it even though I am almost 29 years old. lol Please help me! Laughing Question

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:51 am Reply with quote

You've stumped me on that one. I can't find even a hint about that series anywhere!

Is there a chance that you know the name of any of the regular cast members? If anyone can pin down both the channel it was on AND an exact year it was broadcast, that might be enough to track it down too.

Sorry! Crying or Very sad

orllybee

The Famous Jet Jackson      Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:51 am Reply with quote

Thank you for replying to my question. I found the show here on the web page. The Famous Jet Jackson. I was going through the list show by show and when I saw the name I knew it was what I had been looking for. I do have another question. How did these shows get picked for the list when so many are not on it. I quess what I am saying is I watch way to much t.v. lol
lori Embarassed Laughing

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV.com started out as a site specializing in 1950s through the 1970s series. In other words, "The Golden Days of Television". Many people like to record and collect those shows on video tape (or now on dvd) and we provided only the episode titles lists so that they could tell whether or not they had all of the episodes.

Then we got requests for descriptions of the series, cast lists, cast photos, and information about the shows which we added as trivia. Adding those items to our existing pages took a few years.

Then about two years ago, we decided to expand into 1980s, 1990s, and a few of the most popular TV shows from the 2000s.

Just in the last couple of months, we've added about 175 new series which are predominately shows from the 2000s.

We're concentrating right now on those series that were/are on the air in primetime on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, UPN, and the WB. In other words, the most watched shows. In early 2006, we plan to start adding more of the most popular series from the cable networks and also add more trivia, theme song lyrics, plot summaries, and cast photos to our existing pages.

After that, who knows? There's virtually no realistic end to the information we could add to the site.

orllybee

thanks      Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:34 pm Reply with quote

Very intersting. I did not know all of that. I do love this site already. It was like flashback time when I saw some of the titles. Thanks again for your time.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:52 am Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind comments and welcome to our forum!

jackie

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote

Jet Jackson has now been made into a film

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Famous Jet Jackson Movie      Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:14 am Reply with quote

The only Jet Jackson movie I'm aware of was in 2001. When you say it was "just made", are you referring to a new one I don't know about?

hey

GET REAL TV SHOW SERIE      Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:13 am Reply with quote

[size=24]HI SOMEBODY PLEASE KNOW THE THEME SONG OF THE TV SHOW SERIE " GET REAL " FROM 1998 WITH ANNA HATHAWAY ???? THANKS
[/size]

blowingbubbles

Thu May 24, 2007 1:43 am Reply with quote

Haha. I get like that sometimes.

Brinybay

Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV wrote:
CrazyAboutTV.com started out as a site specializing in 1950s through the 1970s series. In other words, "The Golden Days of Television". Many people like to record and collect those shows on video tape (or now on dvd) and we provided only the episode titles lists so that they could tell whether or not they had all of the episodes.

We're concentrating right now on those series that were/are on the air in primetime on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, UPN, and the WB. In other words, the most watched shows. In early 2006, we plan to start adding more of the most popular series from the cable networks and also add more trivia, theme song lyrics, plot summaries, and cast photos to our existing pages.

After that, who knows? There's virtually no realistic end to the information we could add to the site.

I came across your site while searching for someplace I could get The Roaring Twenties TV show on vhs or dvd. An area for links to places that sell old TV shows on vhs or dvd would be a nice addition to your site.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Buying old tv shows on dvd and vhs      Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:24 am Reply with quote

If a show's dvds are available, it's usually pretty easy to find sellers by going to a search engine and typing in the name of the show and the word "dvds".

Also, if there's anything available, Amazon.com nearly always has it.

Good Luck!

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

RichardBlank

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote

Good advice. Thanks.

By the way, great threads in this forum.

Richard

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> I need help finding an old show All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved