Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why no variety shows?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> Why no variety shows?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JazzLover

Why no variety shows?      Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Musical shows seem to be making a comeback. Just look at American Idol! So why no variety shows?

airhead
Novice Member
Novice Member

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote

I don't know. They should.

TaoistGuy

Stacey Cadman in cirque de celebrite      Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quote

Exactly.
There should be a section for cirque de celebrite!
Smile

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Variety Shows      Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quote

I think that as TV watchers, we're just too spoiled today. Back in the days of The Ed Sullivan Show and others like it, the audiences were simply dying to see any entertainment. They'd be willing to put up with the opera singer if they also got to see the trapeze artists.

Today we have so many avenues for being entertained that we tend to lose interest in less than five minutes. We'd be flipping through the channels during the opera singing and the last half of the show would have no audience.

The musical shows like American Idol are one consistent theme all the way through the show. That's my guess anyway.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> Why no variety shows? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved