Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

old show

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> old show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dred

old show      Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quote

I have been looking for some info on a show from 1969 .... I have found the music scene a show that was on for 45 mins ... what i have been try to find is the show that was after it ... I believe it was a show about a bunch of people ages 18 to 25 or so that crashed on an island that was a nuclear bomb test site any help would be appreciated ...

Dred

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The New People TV Show      Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:10 am Reply with quote

The series you're referring to was titled, "The New People". You're right about it following "The Music Scene". Both were 45 minutes in length and on the air Monday evenings ... Music Scene from 7:30 to 8:15 and The New People from 8:15 to 9:00 PM.

While we haven't totally incorporated the page into our site, you can find our "The New People" TV show page at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/newpeople.html

If you're interested in "The Music Scene", it's located here:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/musicscene.html

Thanks for your post!

Jay

90's Fox Show      Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:09 am Reply with quote

There was a early 90's show on fox about 10 people who survived a nuclear blast anybody remember what it was called?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

FOX TV show      Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote

The show you're talking about was titled, "Woops!". It was (believe it or not) actually a comedy series about a group of kids who accidentally set off a nuclear missile, causing the Russians to counter-attack.

Sounds real funny, huh?

The show's tagline was, "At Fox, we believe there are some things you just can't joke about. Fortunately, the end of the world is not one of them."

Well, they should have gone with the some things just can't be joked about idea! The series was generally ridiculed by critics. A common remark was something like, "FOX tries really hard to get everything wrong and they finally succeeded! They even miss-spelled the title! (Woops! rather than Whoops!)

Anyway, it only lasted 10 episodes and was cancelled even though an additional 3 episodes had been produced.

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:00 am Reply with quote

Maybe this is where I can ask my question, too. LOL

I remember watching a show (possibly late 60s or so) with an older brother and sister who were raising their 3 younger siblings; twin boys that were referred to as "Big Tiwn" and "Little Twin" and a small girl. they had a big white dog called Snow.

This is one of those shows that stands out at times and then I do a search (or someone will remember the obscure thing) and then I'm good for about 5 years. (good memory ... just short)

Thanks for putting this fantastic site together!! I'll be enjoying many trips down memeory lane here.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old TV Show      Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:50 am Reply with quote

Sounds like "The Monroes" to me. This series has the distinction of Barbara Hersey starring in her first major role!

It was about five orphaned kids who struggle during the early days of the old west to keep their family together.

We nearly had that page ready for the site, so we finished it up for you!

Check out our "The Monroes (1966)" page!

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:08 pm Reply with quote

That's IT!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

**making a note on my calendar so I'll never forget it again**

The web page is great ... love the picture. I knew I wasn't crazy about this show existing, but it seemed like everyone I talked to had never heard of it.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old TV Shows      Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:16 am Reply with quote

Glad to be of help! Please come back again!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> old show All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved