Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Surface
Goto page 1,
2, 3, 4  Next  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> Surface
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lanzin

Surface      Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:48 am Reply with quote

Sad Sad Sad...

Hello people...
My wife and I fell in love with this show from day one. We are faithfull watchers every Monday.
We are always betting each other on what will happen next.

We were so unhappy when they didn't show the episodes those three times. And instead showed some other program or our president who was supposed to speak but didn't. That time pissed me off....

I tried calling our local tv station but couldn't get anyone. I was ready to yell at someone. lol...

At first we tried to figure out where the creatures came from. My wife said they were Dinosoaurs that somehow came back. I said they were aliens that came down and took on what ever life form they came in contact with.
Remember the episode where the two guys where fishing? And then all of a sudden all the falling stars started coming down? And the green glow started glowing below them? I thought that they were aliens...

But now it turns out they were created by some governmental group. Who is trying to hush anyone up who looks into where the creatures came from.

They are leaving so much unexplained. But yet they have sped up the story and there are only a few episodes left.
I am sorry people. The reason they are doing this is because there is not a big rating to keep the show afloat. There are not enough people watching this show to keep it going.
There are talks about having a season two. But I don't think its going to happen.

They could have done so much with this show. But yet they end it to soon....

I love the part where Lake Bell takes her cloths off to get into the water. That was a perfect part of the show. hehehehe. My wife smacked me when I started googling over her. lol...

People if you want to keep chatting about Surface? Or have a question? I will be happy to help.

We all need to goto our local tv company and bitch at them to keep this show alive.

Everyone have a good day.

siross41

surface      Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quote

has surface been cancelled? my husband thought he read it somewhere and i am upset at the thought of losing it. i will lose a ton of shows this year. i lose alias, west wingand several others. thank god for scifi and battlestar galectica.

thanks

shari

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Surface - Series Finale or Season Finale?      Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quote

NBC's promos for Surface have been very confusing! Most of them have said "Season Finale" or "Final Episode of the Season", but I'm pretty sure (could be wrong) that I also heard one that said, "Series Finale".

First, there's no doubt that shows like Surface, LOST, and others where they don't let you know exactly what's going on have a difficult task to accomplish in terms of keeping audiences interested.

LOST has been so successfull (in my opinion) because they've continually added new aspects to the show such as the bunker, the mysterious guys who kidnapped Walt, new characters, etc. The flashbacks into the characters' pasts also make the show more interesting. And the large number of characters presents a huge number of possibilities for exploring the inter-personal relationships between the characters.

With surface it was pretty much "Where do the creatures come from?" and little else.

Now that they've decided to tell us that they're biologically engineered, there are new questions. Who did it? How did they do it? What information did they get at the archeological dig? Why are they doing it?

It's just a guess, but I think maybe the producers are hoping that viewership will pick up during these final episodes now that there are new aspects to the show. If ratings do improve, maybe they'll renew it for the next season.

Or maybe they're just bringing the series to a conclusion, hoping that by having a definitive ending, they might be able to get some DVD sales.

Of course, this is all pure speculation on my part.

cuttin the show

Re: Surface. Here is the hole story and why they are cutting      Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote

Lanzin wrote:
Sad Sad Sad...

Hello people...
My wife and I fell in love with this show from day one. We are faithfull watchers every Monday.
We are always betting each other on what will happen next.

We were so unhappy when they didn't show the episodes those three times. And instead showed some other program or our president who was supposed to speak but didn't. That time pissed me off....

I tried calling our local tv station but couldn't get anyone. I was ready to yell at someone. lol...

At first we tried to figure out where the creatures came from. My wife said they were Dinosoaurs that somehow came back. I said they were aliens that came down and took on what ever life form they came in contact with.
Remember the episode where the two guys where fishing? And then all of a sudden all the falling stars started coming down? And the green glow started glowing below them? I thought that they were aliens...

But now it turns out they were created by some governmental group. Who is trying to hush anyone up who looks into where the creatures came from.

They are leaving so much unexplained. But yet they have sped up the story and there are only a few episodes left.
I am sorry people. The reason they are doing this is because there is not a big rating to keep the show afloat. There are not enough people watching this show to keep it going.
There are talks about having a season two. But I don't think its going to happen.

They could have done so much with this show. But yet they end it to soon....

I love the part where Lake Bell takes her cloths off to get into the water. That was a perfect part of the show. hehehehe. My wife smacked me when I started googling over her. lol...

People if you want to keep chatting about Surface? Or have a question? I will be happy to help.

We all need to goto our local tv company and bitch at them to keep this show alive.

Everyone have a good day.
I hope there not cutting the show it's up there with lost for us. I'll write to the TV station that carries it.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Surface still has questions remaining.      Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote

They definitely did not tie up all the loose ends in the season finale, so that's a bit more hopefull that Surface will be back!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

More about Surface's future      Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote

At a January meeting with reporters at the Television Critics Association Press Tour in Pasadena, California, NBC's entertainment chief Kevin Reilly said, "we'll reassess in May. We'll look at the rest of the product, but no decision is made right now one way or the other."

"It depends on development," says Josh Pate, who executive-produces "Surface" with his twin brother, Jonas. "Seriously, there are too many variables at this point."

--------------

So the only (disappointing) answer is, we won't know until at least May unless NBC for some reason makes a decision earlier than they've indicated.

By the way, NBC also has stated that nothing should be read into Surface's early end in the season. That was planned from the beginning in order to complete the season before the Winter Olympics began.

NAVY-BRAT

SURFACE      Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:56 am Reply with quote

Question DOES ANYONE KNOW IF "SURFACE" IS COMING BACK?

YOU WOULD THINK AFTER "STAR TREK" NBC WOULD GET A CLUE.

I LIVE IN L.A. AND NBC JUST KEEPS SENDING MY CALLS TO TAPE.

WHY ANYONE WITH A GOOD OR GREAT SHOW TAKES IT TO NBC IS

BEOND ME. Confused

NBC JUST DOESN'T GET IT.

kelly

the surface      Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote

hello

im 14 and i love the surface i asked for the season dvds for my birthday and the show like never came on again and i couldnt find the moves.

my e-mail is lumberjack48180@hotmail.com if you now when it will come on again or any thing. Crying or Very sad

J

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quote

hey people i was shocked when they cancled surface. sorry if its a short speak out if any one knows when surface coms back soon by Crying or Very sad

gw

surface      Sat May 06, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote

Please, please tell me surface will be back on tv and when.
Thanks

stands

Cancillation      Mon May 15, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote

Well, by now we all know, that Surface has been cancilled. They are offering the 15 episodes on DVD. Big deal. There is no ending to the story. The 4 people we last saw in that church after the tsunami are still there!
Why I hate new shows. Because they are subject to cancillation and no one can do a dang thing about it. Just get stuck with the usual boring crap. I love Lost and Invasion so I will still watch those so long as they don't kill us with reruns every few episodes. My Hubby gave up the first season because they showed the reruns in overkill. Sucks!

cowbell49

the best show ever      Mon May 15, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote

i love surface!my family thinks i am crazy that i have to watch it every week. but what can i say i like it.i hope it will come back soon!!! Smile Smile

Deon

Thu May 18, 2006 2:38 am Reply with quote

I'm in two minds about the cancellation of Surface: Primarily I am disappointed because I really got into the show and loved every episode, but to a large degree I am not surprised. What else could they do with the story and keep it interesting enough for another 15 episodes? The creatures are out now, everyone has seen them, there's no more cover-up, no more intrigue, what's left to do? Fight them?

Anyway, I would still love to see what the creators of the show can come up with, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I think if they DID make a 2nd season it might be a little forced and end up like Terminator 3 - the story was essentially done by T2 (which is the reason James Cameron never made the third one, btw) and T3 was nothing more than a derivative action flick. At least, that's my opinion.

Perhaps it is better to have a really, really awesome series that ends after one season than to have it drag out and turn into a soap opera.

koolkid510

mad      Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote

Did they really cancel surface?!?! i love that show, it's my favorite show. They better have a season two and soon. More people should've watched it, so they could get more money to have it go longer. I really want to know what happens to the people and the sea monsters, like if they become friends with the sea monsters or if the monsters kill them. Grr they better have another season, i really love that show. I've been so depressed sice they stopped putting on. Sad Crying or Very sad

Nimrod's Friend

Surface      Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quote

It is very sad that NBC follows the pack and cancels a GREAT show to run what...another REALITY show or better yet another SOAP OPERA...you know not everyone is into those. Surface IS great and could go on for a couple of years...there are many questions needed to be answered...many new creatures that could "SURFACE" from the genetic engineering (remember talking monkey girl?)...don't let this show die to put on another generic show...there are way too much of them...if nothing else...sell it to the SCIFI channel...they got rid of the only good series they had Tremors: the series...you have so many options when you have genetic engineering evolved...this is true Science Fiction...good science fiction...don't let it die...be strong...stand up for those of us who need these shows to relax from our everyday jobs...why must we lose the fun and excitement that these shows give? Sad when ratings do you in...remember Star Trek??? Don't be like those guys who canceled it...bet they wish they had listened.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> Surface All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved