Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don Knotts passes on at 81 Friday Feb. 24th,'06

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Don Knotts passes on at 81 Friday Feb. 24th,'06
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happipuppi

Don Knotts passes on at 81 Friday Feb. 24th,'06      Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Comedic actor Don Knotts,passd away Friday night at age 81. Although he got his start on "The Steve Allen Show in 1956, Knotts was made famous for playing Deputy Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show. A part he played from 1960 to 1965.

He left that show and made many funny films like,"The Love God?","The Shakiest Gun In The West","The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" and the funny and very touching "Incredible Mr. Limpet" and many more.

In 1979,he replaced Norman fell as the landlord on "Three's Company" co-staring with other comic legend John Ritter. He played Ralph Furley,a middle aged man who wore loud late 70s outfits,thought he was a real "Don Juan" and much like Barney Fife became bug-eyed when nervous or scared & also comedically hyperventialted. Unlike Fife,Furley was not too good at atracting the opposite gender and was a bundle of insecurity.

Knotts later had a recurring role on Griffith's,"Matlock" as his new neighbor,who got caught up in investigatons at times.

More recently Knotts was in the 1998 movie,"Pleasantville" with Toby MacGuire and his last movie was as the voice of Mayor Turkey Lurkey in last years,"Chicken Little".

His last TV appearence was a cameo on "That 70s Show". Fez has a daydream about he and Jackie being room-mates on a fictitous sitcom where Don plays their landlord. He was dressed as Mr. Furley! That was the Nov. 30th,2005 episode called,"Stone Cold Crazy".

Rest in Peace Don and thanks for..... all of it.

Happipuppi

Name.      Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote

By the way,his birth name was Jesse Donald Knotts.

JazzLover

Don Knotts on the Andy Griffith Show      Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote

I really liked his character Barney Fife on The Andy Griffity Show. Remember how Sheriff Andy would only let him have one bullet and he had to keep that in his pocket?

My favorite Don Knots movie was "The Reluctant Astronaut".

Thankfully, he had a long life. We'll miss you Don!

TVJunkie

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:20 am Reply with quote

he was truly a comic genius and will be missed the great thing about TV is we can watch reruns of him for years to come thank god for syndications and Rest In Peace Mr Knotts

dred

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote

my favorite Don Knotts project was the ghost and mr chicken ... I remember watching it in the movies as a child ....

NatureMuzic
Novice Member
Novice Member

Wed May 28, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quote

I know this is belated, but I just found this site.

He was well worth the Emmy's ! Most great shows had a wonderful second banana, that many times stole the show; Don Knotts was that man. Andy Griffith always said, as did Jackie Gleason(of Art Carney), that the show would have been nothing without Don Knotts - so very true.

Also, I like The Ghost & Mr. Chicken, of his movies, but also enjoy The Reluctant Astronaut & Shakiest Gun in the West. Was not crazy about The Love God.

And he had a great role in No Time For Seargents!

Took me awhile to get used to him as Mr. Roper, but I did & he was quite good - hard to replace the original Super, Norman Fell.

We miss ya Bar, er, Don, but you live on, now I better Nip It, Nip It In The Bud !

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Don Knotts passes on at 81 Friday Feb. 24th,'06 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved