Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cold Case

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Cold Case
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cold Case      Sat May 08, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the Cold Case forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about Cold Case or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

If you would like to read more information, please visit our Cold Case TV Show page!

Thanks for visiting!

AidansMom

Missing Child      Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote

I watched an episode of Cold Case for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was sad to see a couple whose child went missing decades earlier without knowing what happened to him. It ended with a dead body but also with a convicted criminal and the couple got closing.

I wish I had more time for television but once in a while when I've got a free hour I'll watch another episode or two.

TVProfessor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote

The Cold Case television series premiered on the CBS network on September 28, 2003 with an interesting premise. This police procedural American television series was based upon the cold cases (dead cases) that were dealt with by the Philadelphia Police Department. At this time, the Cold Case television series is aired on the TNT network in syndication. With the end of season seven on the 2nd of May 2010, we as fans are eagerly waiting for the premiere of season eight.

The Cold Case television series is based upon the work done by Lieutenant John Stillman, the Homicide commander played by John Finn, Detective Will Jefferies played by Thom Barry, Senior Detective Lily Rush played by Kathryn Morris, Senior Detective Nick Vera played by Jeremy Ratchford, Senior detective Scotty Valens, Chris Lassing of the first season, Kat Miller of the 6th and the 7th seasons and junior detectives Josie Sutton.

The Cold Case television series also had a satirical promotion on TG4, an Irish television station, where John Finn, Jeremy Ratchford and Kathy Morris appeared. During the 2007 Sharks Advertisement Awards in Ireland, this particular promo won the Best Drama Promotion Award for 2007.

There was a cross-over between one episode of CSI: NY when senior detective Scotty Valens appeared on CSI to help solve, of course, a cold case. Season one of the Cold Case television series premiered on the 28th of September 2003 with 23 episodes, the second season began on October 3, 2004 with another 23 episodes. While season three had yet another 23 episodes, season four increased by one more. Season five concluded with 18 episodes while seasons six and seven had twenty three and twenty two episodes each, respectively.

The Cold Case television series was ranked among the top 20 television shows for its first two seasons with a total viewing audience of thirty million for both seasons. In the third season the show suffered a slight drop in its ranking and came in at the 21st position with 14 million viewers. Season four moved down further to rank 23 and was found in a yet worse position during season five in position number 34. Season six on the other hand picked up in the viewers' ratings and came back up to the 23rd position with a total of twelve million viewers. Though this particular series did not win any awards, it surely did win 12 million hearts of viewers over the long haul.

The Cold Case television series has been based on various other investigative series like the Cold Squad of 1998, The Enigma Files of 1980, Cold Case Files of 1999, New Tricks of 2003, Waking the Dead of 2000 and was also based on an investigative show from Japan. The anticipation of solving a crime that had previously been considered unsolvable is hard for audiences to resist. The seventh season of this nail-biting series came to an end on the 2nd of May in 2010 with a total of 22 episodes. Fans are currently eagerly awaiting further news on the premiere of the eighth season, that is promised to be more interesting and entertaining than the others.

MarciC66

Cold Case - My All Time Favorite      Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:55 am Reply with quote

I don't have time to watch TV but when I did my favorite show was Cold Case. Now when I have a spare moment of free time I have wanted to watch Cold case starting from the first episode but haven't been able to find any of the episodes to access online.

Anyone know if all the seasons have been released for viewing in order? If So... where can i find them?

Thanks Laughing

MarciC66

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote

Cold Case may never be released due to difficulties that Warner Bros. has had with licensing the music for dvd release. Apparently they screwed up and only bought the music rights for broadcast on television.

Hopefully, they will eventually work out a deal with the musicians and composers and release the show on dvd or for internet download.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Cold Case All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved