Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Brady Bunch
Goto page
Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> The Brady Bunch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Bradys Theme Song      Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:11 am Reply with quote

I knew that theme song existed but couldn't find it. I've been looking for it for a while. Thanks much!

I added it to our "The Bradys TV Show" page.

krissy

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:04 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting in CrazyAboutTV.com -- TV Forums. My question is this -- I read on the main page concerning the Brady Bunch that the family had only two bathrooms. There was one for all six kids, and I imagine the second one was in Mike and Carol's bedroom. If that is true, where did Alice go to the bathroom? Did she go into Mike and Carol's room and use theirs? Or am I mistaken, was the bathroom somewhere else in the house, and Alice, Mr. Brady, and Mrs. Brady all share it in the main part of the house? I literally want to know where the bathroom existed, as I am doing a trivia question on this for a game. Did the Brady Bunch series ever show or imply where the bathroom was, and if so, which episode? And I guess I'd like to know, LOL, why an architect ever built a house with so few bathrooms, even before Carol and her girls became a part of the family, LOL. But I guess we're not going to get the answer to that one. I just know I wouldn't have hired Mr. Brady as an architect to build my home! But I still do love this classic show, after all these years, that made me so happey when I was a kid, even with all it's quirkiness. Now if I could just find the answer to my trivia question, where was the second bathroom located, the one other than the bathroom the six children shared?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:35 am Reply with quote

The creator of the Brady Bunch (Sherwood Schwartz) and many of the cast and crew members have said that is the most common question they are asked about the show. "Why so few bathrooms for so many people?"

First you have to realize that multiple bathrooms were not common in homes at the time. Even two bathrooms in a home was a huge luxury. The house where I grew up in the fifties had an extra toilet in one of the bedrooms (just a toilet out in the open) and I remember my parents' friends saying what a great idea that was! Things had not changed much by the end of the 1960s. I bought my second brand new home in 1982 and it still had only one bathroom although I quickly added another in the finished basement.

Second, the house was not purchased with the idea that nine people would be living there. Carol Brady and her girls moved in with the guys.

Third, having only one bathroom for all six kids opened up opportunity for lots of interesting and funny interaction between the kids, especially where the boys had to get used to the fact that girls tend to monopolize the bathroom.

More bathrooms would also have required more sets, more stage space, and therefore more production costs.

As to where the bathroom was exactly located and which bathroom Alice used, I don't remember ever seeing an episode that answered those questions. Of course memory is not perfect so it's possible that I just don't remember. Anyone else????

JazzLover

Brady's need more bathrooms!      Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:04 am Reply with quote

Large families never have enough bathrooms!

S'moreEnt

The Brady's Go Bowling!!!      Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote

Just thought you all would find it interesting that Celebrity Bowling:The Brady's Go Bowling, the classic TV series from the 70's featuring The Brady Bunch in this episode, is available for purchase online and in many retail stores. This is an old classic and a must have for any Brady Bunch fan!!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Brady's Go Bowling!!!      Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote

S'moreEnt wrote:
The Brady's Go Bowling is available for purchase online and in many retail stores.

Thanks for the tip! I actually saw several episodes of celebrity bowling on I believe ESPN2 about 6 months ago. It's great to see your favorite stars from yesterday as normal people out for a day of bowling.

In addition to the Bradys, there are other Celebrity Bowling Dvds available featuring William Shatner, Leslie Nielsen, Roy Rogers, Adrienne Barbeau, Gabe Kaplan, Charles Nelson Reilly, Shelley Berman, Norm Crosby and Pat Harrington.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> The Brady Bunch All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved