Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rescue 8

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Action -> Rescue 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr t

Rescue 8      Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:13 am Reply with quote

this show aired in the sixties early im thinking 60-63 , it was about a rescue service..I think it was called " rescue eight" 2 guys and thier emergency vehicule, any info would help.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rescue 8 TV Show      Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quote

There was a "Rescue 8" TV show a little bit earlier than you suggest. It ran in syndication from September 23, 1958 through May 12, 1960 with 73 Black & White 30-minute episodes.

It was an Adventure Drama series about the Los Angeles Fire Department's rescue teams. Jim Davis (best known as Jock Ewing on Dallas) and Lang Jeffries (who otherwise worked almost exclusively in European films) played the two main characters.

For more information, visit out Rescue 8 TV Show Page!

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

cant remeber      Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote

thanks admin ...thats the show all right

stiffanyhome

Rescue 8 tv show      Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quote

I am looking to purchase a copy of the "Rescue 8" tv show. Does anyone know where to get one?? Thankyou

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:12 am Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, there are no studio authorized (legal) Rescue 8 dvds on the market.

There are many websites selling them but they're almost certainly illegal. Even if you don't care about that, illegal Dvds of old TV shows are typically of terrible quality. Some sellers will just take your money and never send you anything! Then what can you do? Call the police and say, "I bought these illegal dvds and the guy robbed me?". If a show is not being sold at Amazon.com and its cover doesn't look professional, it's probably illegal. If the site selling it doesn't have any notice of who owns the copyright on their site, it's probably illegal. If the dvds are "region-free" they're probably illegal.

In any case, we don't allow the exchange of illegal dvds or information about how to find them at this forum. Any such post will be deleted by forum administration.

If anyone can prove that they have permission from the copyright owner to sell Rescue 8 dvds, let me know here.

stiffanyhome

looking for video      Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote

Thank you for your help

snoopy12

Rescue 8 vehicle      Mon May 09, 2011 10:59 pm Reply with quote

I can't find any photos of the original Rescue 8 vehicle, but if my memory serves me right, it was something like a GMC panel truck with a large "8 Ball" painted on the door - since it was in black & white, it must have been a dark red truck with the white 8 ball - does anyone else recall this detail?

ucpemerg

Rescue 8 DVDs      Tue May 31, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote

I've been looking for Rescue 8 DVDs and none are to be found. Don't think there are VCR tapes (how old are they!) out there either. I would think that somewhere in a film company archive are originals or copies of all 70+ episodes. How do we get them to produce DVDs of the entire series? Anybody know where to start? How many people are interested?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rescue 8 DVDs      Tue May 31, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote

ucpemerg wrote:
How do we get them to produce DVDs of the entire series?

There are many reasons why a studio doesn't produce Dvds of all of their shows. With some, the music is copyrighted by someone other than the studio and the two can't come to an agreement on royalties. With some others the party who owns the copyright might have personal reasons for not releasing the show.

Of course, the number one reason is that they simply don't feel that the potential sales are good enough to make it worth their time and effort to produce and market dvds.

All of those reasons would be pretty hard to overcome no matter how many fans urge them for a dvd release.

Moffaman

This show has influenced my entire life      Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote

I am currently in medical sales following a career as a Respiratory Therapist. That developed from a career as a Paramedic/FlightMedic. It all started when I was five years old and would watch this show and play Rescue 8 on my front steps in north Philadelphia. It was that or marry Sally Star! Well, I did marry a blonde, two actually. Still love ya Sally! Had to watch Whirlybirds also....flight medic duh! Who says TV doesn't profoundly effect our kids? Sure would like to see it again. Medic92

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Action -> Rescue 8 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved