Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dallas

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Dallas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dallas      Sat May 20, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quote

Welcome to the Dallas forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about Dallas or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

If you would like to read more information about Dallas, you can find our web page about that show at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/dallas.html

Thanks for visiting!

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Jim F.

Dallas fanatic!      Sat May 20, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote

My mom was watching dvds of Dallas a couple of months ago and when she saw the last episode, I thought she'd go nuts! Apparently they've only put out dvds for the first couple of seasons.

I watched a few minutes of one and don't get it. What's the attraction? It must be a chick thing.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dallas just for the ladies?      Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quote

Well, there is a lot of romance, so that might be what turned you off. But there are also powerful men who have beautiful women and tons of money and high testosterone levels. There are fights, fancy cars, etc.

There is definitely a male appeal to Dallas if you give it a chance.

Kate

Dallas the TV Show      Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me which building JR's office was in, in Dallas? Was it the old Mary Kay building off of Stemmons and Regal Row or was it the old FINA building in Campbell Center at 75 and Caurth Haven?

Kate

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ewing Oil office building?      Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:02 am Reply with quote

Here's the only information I could find:

The Ewing Oil building was first in the Renaissance Tower. Later, Ewing Oil moved to a building called Fountain Place. In the TV movies, it was in the Bank of America Plaza.

I was able to verify that those are all actual skyscrapers in Dallas. Otherwise, I only have two sources for that information and it was word-for-word the same at both places like one copied it from the other.

Can any fan of the show who's familiar with Dallas verify this information?

JazzLover

Any Dallas Cast Member Still Alive?      Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:55 pm Reply with quote

Most of the Dallas cast must be dead by now, aren't they? That's a pretty ancient show. I know my mother was pretty young when it was on.

ISIS
Novice Member
Novice Member

Location: LA: LAPD: watching Pepper and Crowley makes eyes for each other.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:28 am Reply with quote

To answer your questions...

NO MOST of the DALLAS crew are very much alive...

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dallas Cast Members Live!      Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quote

Don't take JazzLover too seriously. He likes to lighten things up around here with (sometimes slightly twisted) jokes.

carlamorrison

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:31 pm Reply with quote

who shot JR -for what reason Question

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who Shot J.R. on Dallas?      Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:56 am Reply with quote

WARNING! Spoiler ahead!!! - If you plan to watch Dallas in the future and don't want to spoil the most exciting thing to happen on the entire series, skip the rest of this post!!!

SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER

After a long wait during an actor's strike, it was finally revealed that Kristin Shepard (played by actress Mary Crosby) had shot J.R. on the fourth episode of the fourth season. The episode's title was, "Who Done It?"

In case you've forgotten, Kristen was J.R.'s wife's sister who was one of many trollips having affairs with J.R.

Among numerous other reasons, Kristen shot him when he refused to leave his wife for Kristen even though Kristen was pregnant with J.R.'s baby.

END OF SPOILER

ISIS
Novice Member
Novice Member

Location: LA: LAPD: watching Pepper and Crowley makes eyes for each other.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote

To those who don't remember the show or maybe only caught later eps...I ENCOURAGE you to start from the beginning...because starting with the middle of season 1....when Sue Ellen gets pregnant with John Ross...Dallas became a continuing drama...it really made the transition from episodic television to being serialized during seaon 2 (1979/80 season that is now known as season 3 on DVD)

Dallas was really more a MAN show...once you watch you'll see what I mean.

btw I am a member of Ultimate Dallas...which is the Official website for Dallas...and I LURVE to discuss this show so keep the comments coming please.

TVProfessor
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Dallas Series Next Summer!!!!!!!!      Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote

In another attempt to cash in on the popularity of hit TV shows from the past, TNT will be offering new episodes of the 1980s hit, "Dallas" sometime during the Summer of 2012. Unlike most "remakes" where they update the show with an all new cast, Larry Hagman will return as J.R. Ewing along with Patrick Duffy as Bobby Ewing!

There will be some new cast members. After all, grown up children and new grandchildren will have to be added, but TNT promises that the Ewings will be just as willing to do just about anything to enrich themselves just like fans remember from the 80s!

AidansMom

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quote

You've made me so very happy! I can't wait to see Bobby and J.R. again! I bet this one will be a big success!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Dallas All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved