Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Providence

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Providence
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LBJ480

Providence      Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote

I am looking for the name of a song for my grandmother. She said she saw it on this show after the mane character moves back home b/c she finds out her husband is cheating on her. The only description she gave me was that it is a popular Italian dance song that the characters were dancing to. If I find out any more info on the song I'll add it to my post. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Providence TV Show Song      Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:18 pm Reply with quote

In answering your question about the song heard on the "Providence TV show", if they were dancing a slow dance to a romantic song, I think you might be talking about this one:

Title: "Con te Partiro" (Iíll go with you)
Lyrics By: "Lucio Quarantotto"
Music By: "Francesco Sartori"

The song has also been used on the series, "South Park" and on four episodes of "The Sopranos". You'll also hear it as elevator music and background music in restaurants and supermarkets. It was #1 on the charts in France for 6 weeks and was the all-time biggest hit ever in Belgium at #1 for a whopping 12 weeks!

The song can be found on the Providence TV show soundtrack CD. You can actually hear a bit of the song by clicking on the CD cover below (Remember the title: "Con te Partiro").

I hope that's it!

pps1952

Providence Lighthouse      Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Would like to know the name of the show that featured a reclusive, disfigured lighthouse keeper. I fell in love with that lighthouse and would like to find out where it was located and if I can find pics of it. That was my favorite show of the Providence run,,,,I loved the lighhouse keeper too.,

TVProfessor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:08 am Reply with quote

The storyline with the lighthouse took place in the middle of the third season. It is mentioned in episode descriptions for season 3, episodes 13 and 14 (The Lion Sleeps Tonight and The Invisible Man). Its name is the Pigeon Point Lighthouse located on the cosatal highway 5 miles south of Pescadero, California.

Fans in Rhode Island were upset that the show featured a lighthouse on the West Coast instead of a local one.

It was also featured in the movie Final Analysis and on numerous TV commercials.

pps1952

Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote

Wow!! Amazing!! Thank You, Thank you, Thank you! I can't believe the quick response to my question! I have wondered about this for years, have looked at thousands of "Lighthouse" sites hoping to spot the lighthouse, and wondered who the actor was that played the keeper, etc. I had the episode taped on a VCR tape but lost it years ago. With this information I can now research finding another copy of the episode. Once again, thank you so much for your help!

JazzLover

Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Here's a photo of the lighthouse. Pretty impressive!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Providence All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved