Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help naming a really cool science/history series

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Need help naming a really cool science/history series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baddesa

Need help naming a really cool science/history series      Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:22 am Reply with quote

British guy narrating. He wore huge glasses, was of slimmish build. He would take some random thing from history, like a brick from a pyramid and them something from the present, also random, like a hubcap, and then spend the entire show laying out the connection, using science and history. He had a great sense of humor and the show was unbelievably informative.

I remember watching it in the 80's but it may have been produced in the 70's. It may have been on pbs or bbc...sigh.

thanks for any help :))))

RiverratMike

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote

Well, this isn't much help but it looks like the same TV program I am looking for. Kind of a professor type, obviously a historian, that did a show pointing out the progression of development (usually in reverse) of a variety of subjects. One was the space between railroad tracks determined by wagon wheels from existing road ruts from Roman chariots because of the width of horses. I can't think of the names of the person or show for the life of me. But you have given me a better time frame and the fact that it might be a British production.

If I find anything I will post to this thread.
Thanks, Mike

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Need help naming a really cool science/history series All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved