Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Name of a Mafia TV Show during the 90's

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Name of a Mafia TV Show during the 90's
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athenabelz

Name of a Mafia TV Show during the 90's      Sun May 08, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote

During the 90's there was a mafia tv show which my kids would watch. I was never able to sit down & watch the show or catch the name as I was always cooking, doing homework, cleaning house, etc...

Here is details which might be of use to someone whom seen the show:
An FBI agent was working undercover- the Mafia guys he wanted to hang out with either hung out at a bar or worked at a bar. During one of the episodes while test driving a vehicle they pushed the car dealer out & stole it. During one of the other shows a cook named Jackie (a man) whom was in the mafia was wanted dead by the other mafia guys and he put himself in the hospital and killed himself after the guys from the mafia visited him at the hospital by pulling the thing from his tummy or side and blood went everywhere-- during 1 of the shows the guy whom was FBI was suppossed to bring another agent in and introduce him to the mafia guys - when the guy showed up he went to his table after telling those guys that guy owed him money & the FBI agent shoved the other FBI agents face into a bowl of hot soup. The agent whom was suppossed to be brought in by the other guy was beaten by those guys at the bar-- During 1 of the episodes the FBI agent was at home with his family and his daughter and another kid got into a fight. The FBI agent had an apartment seperate from his family where the mafia guys would come visit him. They had some guys close to the river questioning them -- at the bar some men were killed -- etc.... During 1 of the shows the FBI agent was accussed of being an FBI agent by 1 of the mafia guys & they had to 'put in the call' to sum1 to vouch 4 the guy. The FBI agent hit the mafia guy after the call was put in and he was cleared but you could tell he was worried that his cover was blown
If anyone knows the name of this show I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for anyone who knows the name of this show

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun May 08, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quote

Although I don't recall that particular episode, it sure sounds like "Wiseguy" to me.

An undercover cop got himself thrown in jail for a crime he didn't commit in order to convince the mafia to take him into their organization.

It aired from 1987-1990.

I hope that's it!

Athenabelz

Mon May 09, 2011 10:13 am Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV wrote:
Although I don't recall that particular episode, it sure sounds like "Wiseguy" to me.

An undercover cop got himself thrown in jail for a crime he didn't commit in order to convince the mafia to take him into their organization.

It aired from 1987-1990.

I hope that's it!

The show I am searching for was on during the late 90's. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Steve H

Re: Name of a Mafia TV Show during the 90's      Mon May 16, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote

Athenabelz wrote:
During the 90's there was a mafia tv show which my kids would watch. I was never able to sit down & watch the show or catch the name as I was always cooking, doing homework, cleaning house, etc...

Here is details which might be of use to someone whom seen the show:
An FBI agent was working undercover- the Mafia guys he wanted to hang out with either hung out at a bar or worked at a bar. During one of the episodes while test driving a vehicle they pushed the car dealer out & stole it. During one of the other shows a cook named Jackie (a man) whom was in the mafia was wanted dead by the other mafia guys and he put himself in the hospital and killed himself after the guys from the mafia visited him at the hospital by pulling the thing from his tummy or side and blood went everywhere-- during 1 of the shows the guy whom was FBI was suppossed to bring another agent in and introduce him to the mafia guys - when the guy showed up he went to his table after telling those guys that guy owed him money & the FBI agent shoved the other FBI agents face into a bowl of hot soup. The agent whom was suppossed to be brought in by the other guy was beaten by those guys at the bar-- During 1 of the episodes the FBI agent was at home with his family and his daughter and another kid got into a fight. The FBI agent had an apartment seperate from his family where the mafia guys would come visit him. They had some guys close to the river questioning them -- at the bar some men were killed -- etc.... During 1 of the shows the FBI agent was accussed of being an FBI agent by 1 of the mafia guys & they had to 'put in the call' to sum1 to vouch 4 the guy. The FBI agent hit the mafia guy after the call was put in and he was cleared but you could tell he was worried that his cover was blown
If anyone knows the name of this show I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for anyone who knows the name of this show

I'd bet this is Falcone. Jason Gedrick played the TV version of Donnie Brasco (played by Johnny Depp in the movie). Like the movie, the show was based on the real-life story of an FBI undercover agent. I didn;t watch all the episodes , so I don't remember all the specifics described above, but he did have a family life to deal with in his real identity. Didn't do very well in ratings, as I recall, and quickly disappeared.

Steve H

Confirmation (?) that it's Falcone      Tue May 31, 2011 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Found this entry at www.tv.com re Falcone episode guide. From Season 1 Episode 5 description: Joe's elder daughter, Amanda, is suspended from school school after getting into a fistfight with a classmate. Despite urging from Maggie and Joe, Amanda refuses to talk about what happened and the principal threatens to expel her. Joe must balance this with his job, where things are heating up because of the pressure Caesar, the new underboss, is putting on Sonny.

http://www.tv.com/falcone/show/409/episode.html?tag=episode_header;episode

Steve H

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Name of a Mafia TV Show during the 90's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved