Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gunsmoke
Goto page
Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Action -> Gunsmoke
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gunsmoke episode      Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quote

The only thing I can come up with that sounds like what you're describing is the first episode of the 11th season titled, "Seven Hours to Dawn".

A gang took over Dodge City and when Matt tried to stop them, he was beaten up and shot. Festus listened for a heartbeat and, hearing none, announced that the Marshall was dead. When they get his body to the undertaker, however, it turns out that he's still alive ... barely. They take him to the cellar of the Long Branch saloon and slowly nurse him back to health.

Of course, he eventually takes back the town. Not exactly a "spoiler" as the series continued for another nine seasons.

The only thing that doesn't fit your description is that I can find no evidence of that episode being a two-parter. It does sound like a lot of script to cover in a one hour episode!

tigerlily11

Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks so much for the information. I,m beginning to think that my memory isn't what it used to be. I've been looking for this information for a long time.

Bent

What was Dillon's horse named?      Fri May 23, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quote

Hey, think I recall Dillon's horse was a buckskin? Is that right? What was his name? Just got a new buckskin horse for my birthday & have in mind to call him whatever Dillon's horse was named. Hope someone can help me out.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

What was the name of Matt Dillon's horse?      Sat May 24, 2008 7:48 am Reply with quote

Matt Dillon never mentioned his horse's name on the Gunsmoke TV Show. Festus Haggen, however, did mention it only one time when he called the horse, "Buck". So it makes sense that the horse was a buckskin.

By the way, the name of Festus's mule was Ruth.

scutter

Festus Episode      Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote

I have all episodes of Gunsmoke. Yet, someone tells me of an episode where Festus rescues some puppies from a creek or river. Apparently they're in a bag or case floating in the water. Anyone remember this show?

sue

saloon doors      Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote

Does anyone recall an episode where Miss Kitty referred to the saloon doors by an actual name? I'm thinking it was "cat perch doors" but unsure.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:33 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone recall an episode where Miss Kitty referred to the saloon doors by an actual name?

Oh how I wish my memory was that good! Anybody else!

Matt Dillon

Matt Dillon's pistol      Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote

I'm putting together a Gunsmoke tribute and need the following information: did Matt's pistol have both jiggered bone grips and stag at different times? I know, on some of the earlier episodes, he carried a nickel-plated SAA Colt with a 7 1/2 in. barrel and wood grips. In some of the color episodes, he is seen carrying a SAA Colt with a 7 1/2 in. barrel and it is now blue. It also appears to have stag grips in some of the episodes, while at the end of the shows there's a gun hanging on the wall with jiggered bone grips.

kaysea

Gunsmoke      Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:36 pm Reply with quote

I am looking for the name of the marksman who is in the opening shootout with Marshal Dillon. His last name may be Brien.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gunsmoke Opening Sequence Shootout      Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote

He's also commonly referred to as "The Man in Black". His name was Arvo Ojala. He was a self-taught quick draw artist and in addition to appearing in the opening sequence he also appeared as the man in Black on 25 episodes of Gunsmoke.

Ojala also designed a special quick draw holster that allowed him to draw his six gun faster than from a standard holster.

Unfortunately, Arvo passed away in 2005 at the ripe old age of 85.

tutter69

Sat May 14, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote

Has anyone heard how James Arnes`s health is these days Question

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat May 14, 2011 10:20 pm Reply with quote

He recently got out of the hospital but is doing well. Not bad for a guy turning 88 years old in 12 days!

You can read what he had to say himself at the Official James Arness Site.

tutter69

Sun May 15, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote

Laughing thank you very much I wish him the very best hope hes around for ever!! Razz

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Action -> Gunsmoke All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved