Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Child Stars that made it

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Child Stars that made it
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LooneyToon

Child Stars that made it      Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote

What child stars made it to the bigtime and kept their career going? Britney Spears obviously made it happen, so did Ron Howard (kind of) What other child stars are there out there??

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Child Stars      Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote

A few I can think of include Jason Bateman, Michael J. Fox, Neil Patrick Harris, Alyssa Milano, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Fred Savage. Several of them were well into their teens when they first hit it big though so I guess it depends on your definition of "child" star.

LooneyToon

Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote

what has neil patrick harris been in recently besides Harold and Kumar? I feel like I haven't really seen him since his doogie houser days...

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Child Stars      Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote

Neil is currently starring on the fourth season of his hit sitcom, "How I Met Your Mother". I don't watch many sitcoms myself so I probably wouldn't know about it if I wasn't doing a TV site.

SOFarSoGood

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote

Ohhhh I think I've seen that show... It's the one with the guy from forgetting sarah marshall right?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote

All I really know about the show is that Harris plays a ladie's man of sorts or he thinks he's one or something. I never actually watched an episode. I've just seen promos.

debdog42
Junior Novice Member
Junior Novice Member

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:03 am Reply with quote

Kurt Russell is one that has had a long career.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:59 pm Reply with quote

Yeah!

Kurt made his first TV appearance on the western TV series, "Sugarfoot" in September of 1957 at the ripe old age of 6 1/2!

I've never been a huge fan but I did appreciate his portrayal of Elvis in the 1979 TV movie titled, "Elvis". He was nominated for an Emmy for that role!

Kurt also got a Golden Globe nomination for his role in the 1983 film, "Silkwood".

I don't think that his starring role in "Poseidon" in 2006 did his career much good. It was a bomb at the box office. It was a pretty tough job to appear in a remake of a movie (The Poseiden Adventure 1972) that starred legends like Gene Hackman, Ernest Borgnine, and Shelley Winters!

I also liked Kurt in "Escape from New York" even though I don't typically go for those types of movies.

There's no doubt Kurt's a lucky guy! He lives on a 72 acre ranch just outside Aspen, Colorado with Goldie Hawn!

AidansMom

Child Stars Grown Up      Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:46 am Reply with quote

Mario Lopez who played A.C. Slater on the original version of "Saved by the Bell" has had a pretty good adult career so far.

He's had major roles on "Pacific Blue", "The Bold and the Beautiful", and now on "Nip/Tuck". Plus he's done a lot of stuff on the E! Network and co-hosted "The Other Half" and appeared on numerous talk shows and starred in several TV movies, etc.

Elizabeth_I

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 am Reply with quote

Daniel Redkliff, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint;)
and also Macaulay Culcin

aaliya

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:15 am Reply with quote

I always love to have power puff girls at that time, Those three girls are mind blowing all the time. Smile

crazyfellow

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:19 am Reply with quote

There is one more name to the list and that is Lindsay Lohan. Before getting into troublesome life she had a great career

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Child Stars that made it All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved