Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heroes

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Fantasy/Horror -> Heroes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Heroes      Mon May 22, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the Heroes forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about Heroes or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

Heroes will be a fantasy series on NBC about people who suddenly find that they have acquired super-powers after a total eclipse of the sun. If you would like to read more information about Heroes, you can find our web page about that show at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/heroes.html

Thanks for visiting!

Princess Alana

Heroes NBC Pilot = the 4400?      Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:30 am Reply with quote

So how many people with extraordinary abilities will be on the Heroes tv show? Not 4400 by any chance?

I guess that it's ok for networks to copy successful series. I hope that heoes is better than most of them though.

I think that there are so many factors that make a series a good one. The actors' portrayal of their characters and how those characters work together on the screen is very important. The innovativeness of the writers is paramount. Budget for special effects, etc.

A new show can maybe duplicate the basic plot, but getting other factors right is the challenge.

Heroes sounds like it could be pretty hot though if they get all of those things to work!

I guess we'll just have to watch the Heroes NBC Pilot to find out!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Heroes TV Show      Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:05 am Reply with quote

Quote:
So how many people with extraordinary abilities will be on the Heroes tv show?

I don't believe that information has been released yet. We'll just have to watch.

You're right that many series that copy a successful idea aren't as good as the original. It's a pretty common practice though.

Every season I start out watching maybe 30 series or so and end out (by the 4th or 5th week) watching about 15.

In many cases, even when I don't like the series enough to keep watching, the first episodes are enjoyable!

Friends Fan

Special Effects      Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quote

They'll have to show people using their powers and the powers that need special effects (like flying) had better be good.

If so, it sounds entertaining!

Mona Lisa

My Hero on Heroes      Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:52 am Reply with quote

I remember that Sendhil Ramamurthy was on "The Guiding Light" a few years back. I think his name was Lloyd or something like that.

My heart's afire just thinking about him. Dreamy!!!!!!!

JazzLover

We're Evolving!      Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quote

Heroes creator, "Tim King" has stated that the pilot episode will insinuate that the super-abilities are due to evolution. That humans are evolving superpowers. He also said that Heroes will not be about "saving the world", rather it will focus on how such persons could carry on a personal life with the complication of having superpowers.

My bet is that will get toned down if the ratings aren't immediately great and the "saving the world" aspect will be emphasized more. Often, being creative in television just puts you on the unemployment line.

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Heroes Plot      Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
He also said that Heroes will not be about "saving the world"

Well with a tag line like, "Save the cheerleader ... Save the world" and the Japanese guy seeing New York City blown up by a nuclear explosion, it sounds like it will be heavily weighted towards saving the world.

That's what we super-heroes are here for anyway.

Gotta go! Gotta save the world too, you know. Plus I have to visit my mother, "Queen Hyppolyte". Thank goodness for my invisible airplane. There's very little fun and games involved with being Wonder Woman, you know!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

NBC Orders Full Season of Heroes!      Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Great News!

NBC has ordered a full season of Heroes episodes! For most series, that's at least 22 episodes, so Heroes isn't going anywhere soon!

I'm happy! How about you?

AidansMom

Heroes cancelled after season 4?      Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:13 am Reply with quote

Has anyone heard conclusively whether or not Heroes was cancelled at the end of season 4?

I would kind of hate to see it go but I'm shocked that I'm not all that worried about it. I don't think the scripts have been that good for a while now.

Elizabeth_I

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:59 am Reply with quote

I started watching Heroes, really enjoyed every single episode till 3rd season, but then I suddenly grew bored....

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Fantasy/Horror -> Heroes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved