Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ball Four

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> Ball Four
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nebka

Ball Four      Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Has anyone scene the show Ball Four about Jim Bouton

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ball Four TV Show      Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quote

I haven't seen "Ball Four" but I thought I'd leave a message with the information I have on the show.

Basically, it was a sitcom about the on field and (mostly) off field lives of the players on a pro baseball team called the "Washington Americans".

It was based on a book written by former New York Yankee pitcher, "Jim Bouton". From what I've heard, the book (also titled "Ball Four") was very good but the TV show was a disappointing, loose adaptation of the book.

In any case, the show lasted only six episodes before CBS cancelled it due to almost non-existant ratings.

Nebka

Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:21 am Reply with quote

My friend has the book and i was looking for the show to give to him he really likes Jim Bouton

TheLifeOfMe
Junior Novice Member
Junior Novice Member

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quote

yea, I knew that was a book, didn't even realize they made it into a movie... Was it any good?

Nebka

Ball Four      Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote

It was a tv series here is the plot In the first episode pitcher Jim Bouton informed his teammates and coaches that he was going to write a series of articles on baseball life "off the field." Manager Capogrosso and most of the others were not very keen on the idea Ball Four was based on a book of the same title by former major league pitcher Jim Bouton

It was 30 min long and only 4 episodes were made

wilsontom

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:14 am Reply with quote

It's too old series. I have seen its season 1. Its all episodes are full of comedy. Really, It's nice series.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> Ball Four All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved