Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sing Along With Mitch

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> Sing Along With Mitch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
up2000

Sing Along With Mitch      Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote

hi, wondering if anyone can help me with a opening and maybe closing theme of a late night tv show or movie of the week in the 60s where there was bouncing lights or balls or something in the theme. thanks

NatureMuzic
Novice Member
Novice Member

Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote

I doubt this is it, but the only thing I recall with a bouncing ball was the Mitch Miller Show - he & his band would play their music & across the screen were the lyrics, with a ball highlighting the word at that given moment of the song so that we at home could sing along !

Speaking of Mitch Miller, I didn't realize then of how good a musician he ewas. I grew to enjoy Classical music & I have a 2 CD set of Mitch Miller playing the clarinel absolutely beautifully ! Being a musician myself, I can truly respect this man's talent. I mean, he does some finger work equal to Eddie Van Halen on his fretboard !

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mitch Miller      Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote

The old "Sing Along with Mitch" Show! That brings back memories of the 1960s!

Mitch Miller was way more than the TV star and singer though. He started at Mercury records in the 1940s as kind of a talent scout/producer. He signed new talent including Patti Page, Frankie Laine, Ray Conniff, Percy Faith, Johnny Mathis and Tony Bennett! Wow!

In the 50s he had a bunch of hit tunes and was one of the most successful composers of movie sound tracks.

Amazingly, Mitch is still alive today at age 98 and continues to guest-conduct for famed orchestras on a regular basis!

Quite an amazing character!

Becky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:35 am Reply with quote

Wow! He lived to almost 100 years old! Do most stars live to be really old? Money does, after all, buy better health care. I say somewhere recently that Bob Hope lived to be 100 years old. That's really something!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Well ... I unfortunately made a slight error on my August 6, 2010 post when I said that Mitch Miller was still alive. He had actually passed away one week earlier on July 31st!

I'm sure he will be missed by many baby boomers (including myself) and older fans.

Rest in peace Mitch!

AidansMom

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quote

He lived a good long life. Was he ever the guest band leader on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson? Something in the back of my mind says that is so but I would have been too young to be up that late, I think.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quote

You are probably thinking of Skitch Hendersen. Skitch and Mitch are pretty close!

Skitch was Johnny Carson's bandleader on the Tonight Show for his first four seasons from 1962-1966.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> Sing Along With Mitch All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved