Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

He and She

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> He and She
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vhmom
Novice Member
Novice Member

He and She      Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:40 am Reply with quote

A late '60's comedy show, with two young couples as best friends and neighbors. What I most remember is that the show's openning featured a handsome cab ride. (I'm assuming around Central Park, NY) The other unique feature was that the couples used a wooden plank to connect to eachothers' apartment windows - this being how they went back and forth. I've looked high and low. Hope you can help. Rolling Eyes

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:37 am Reply with quote

Was it "Love on a Rooftop"?

vhmom
Novice Member
Novice Member

Might Be...      Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:12 pm Reply with quote

After finding this great site....I did browse through and had considered "Love on a Rooftop" - however I'm still not sure.

What's keeping me from giving it a full nod is that San Fancisco doesn't fit the backdrop of the program I recall with a BIG park and carriages....

(Perhaps these were simply elements of one episode...I'll have to invest the time and watch all I can on the web.)

Thanks for confirming a lead I can now follow!

Steve H

Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote

"He and She" was a New York based sitcom. It starred real-life couple Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss. I can't remember much about it in detail, as I was pretty young when it was on, and it was not geared toward kids, so I don't have any "memorable moments" in my head. Actually, I mostly remember the promotion for the show (and I have no idea why that is). I'm sure it was about a couple living in an NYC apartment, so might be the one(?).

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

He & She TV Show      Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:15 am Reply with quote

It's been driving me crazy trying to remember this series. Steve is definitely right about it being "He & She". I was actually picturing the stars' faces in my mind but couldn't come up with their names!

He & She was an adult-oriented sitcom starring Richard Benjamin (as Dick Hollister) and Paula Prentiss (as Paula Hollister) that aired for 26 episodes during the 1967-1968 season. They lived next to a firehouse and one of the firemen used a board between their window and the firehouse window to visit.

I barely remember watching it! It followed "Lost in Space", "The Beverly Hillbillies", and "Green Acres" which were all regular fare for me on Wednesday nights. I was sixteen years old and was crazy about all of those shows. I remember thinking Paula Prentiss was HOT!

Ahhh! Another trip down memory lane!

vhmom
Novice Member
Novice Member

At Last- The Answer! Hooray!      Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:17 am Reply with quote

"He & She" IS the program that I had started to think had been only a figment of my imagination.
For years, I had struggled with the its name and with trying to find anyone who also remembered this show.

But now..all is well with the world...
Slowly my TV memory mysteries are being solved!

My hearty thanks to all of you out there in cyber-land for the help.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> He and She All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved