Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Take our "Best Reality Series Of All Time" Poll!
Goto page
Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Reality TV -> Take our "Best Reality Series Of All Time" Poll!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Choose one
The Amazing Race
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
American's Next Top Model
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
American Idol
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
The Apprentice
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Average Joe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Bachelor
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Beauty and the Geek
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Big Brother
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Fear Factor
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
The Mole
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Osbournes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Real World
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
The Simple Life
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Survivor
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
All Others
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:29 am Reply with quote

Cops would definitely qualify as a reality show and it beat MTV's Real World to the air waves by three years!

There was another earlier reality show many years earlier though. On January 11, 1973, PBS premiered a 12-episode series titled, "American Family" where cameras followed the activities of a middle-aged couple and their five children.

A couple of themes from that series would fit right into the reality shows of today. First, the wife at one point demanded a divorce. Second, one of the sons "came out" making him the first openly gay person on television!

Happipuppi

WKRP.....is that where they got it?      Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quote

That reminds me of that episode of WKRP In Cincinatti where Herb Tarlec and his family are followed by Peter Marshall & camera crew in the fictitious "Real Families". I bet that's where they got the idea! Shocked

As for the show you mention,I was just 5 then,so i most likely didn't see it. I remember seeing the opening of the original,"Divorce Court" though (then I put on Sesame Street.) Wink

liza505

my first post on this forum      Wed May 31, 2006 8:13 am Reply with quote

hi
i'm liza...

Zoe

Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:26 am Reply with quote

Hi Liza, I am Zoe Mr. Green

I voted for Fear factor I love that show and wish that I had the guts to go on it Surprised

tampip88

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote

I would go on Amazing Race in a nano second if I wasn't so stinking big right now!! Need to lose a lot of weight then ~ we'll see!!!

Can't wait for the Amazing Race All-Stars in just a few weeks!!!!!!!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Amazing Race      Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote

That sounds like a pretty good motivator to lose the weight! My weight has been up and down like a roller coaster all my life. A few times I've actually managed to get down to my ideal weight and keep it off for several years. Each of those times I had some objective I really wanted to achieve via getting fit.

Right now I'm not thin but not obese either. I'm at a weight that allows me to stay active and not look obese, just slightly overweight.

So good luck to you and let us know when we can see the "new you" on the Amazing Race!

fleeces

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote

Survivor is the best reality show of all time.

Alyssa
Novice Member
Novice Member

American Idol Reality Series?      Sat May 08, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure that I'd agree that American Idol is a reality series. I'd rather consider it a competitive talent series.

But since it's on the list, it's definitely my pick.

JazzLover

Reality or not?      Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:14 am Reply with quote

In one sense, American Idol is more reality than most. The contestants are REALLY trying to win by competing against each other.

Compare that with a series like Survivor where people are put in situations where they do things that they'd never do in real life.

AidansMom

Reality shows      Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:09 am Reply with quote

In that same sense, most reality shows don't show what the people would do under the same conditions in real life. That doesn't bother me though as long as the show is entertaining.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Reality TV -> Take our "Best Reality Series Of All Time" Poll! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved