Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tv spin offs - how many?
Goto page
Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> tv spin offs - how many?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happipuppi

Oh,almost forgot!      Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quote

The Jeffersons also had a spin-off! 25 years ago,Florence (Marla Gibbs) was given her own series,"Checking In" where she goes to work at a Manhattan hotel as head of housekeeprs. The show lasted exactly 4 weeks and she was then returned to "The Jeffersons".

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:08 am Reply with quote

While it's becoming rare, we actually found one yesterday that was not listed at our "spin-offs" page.

William Conrad, Joe Penny and Alan Campbell, were all seen in the roles they would portray on Jake and the Fatman for the first time on episodes 5 & 6 of Matlock.

Check out our complete list of "spin-offs" at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/miscpages/spinoffs.html

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Happipuppi

Really?      Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote

Now that I never knew! I just thought Jake & The Fatman was just another weird cop show idea from the network Very Happy

I thought of another spin off that most likely folks have forgotten. The sitcom,"Just The Ten Of Us" was spun-off from "Growing Pains".

Mike Seaver's high school basketball coach and huge family move to california after he's fired from Mike's school. It was on for about 2 seasons I believe.

TVJunkie

Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote

I belive his name was coach Lubucks and he had some very attractive daughters I had a crush on them was about the same age as the older one I liked that show thanks Happipuppi for the memory

Happipuppi

You're wel-o-come!      Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote

TV Junkie,that's one of the reasonsthey call me Happipuppi,I like to spread joy where I can. Very Happy Arf! Laughing

Oh one more,"Benson" was a spin-off from "Soap" and lasted longer than the show it came from.

"Frasier" came from "Cheers" and lasted as many seasons as that show but!.... did not have 275 episodes,like "Cheers". Wink

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:53 am Reply with quote

Xena Warrior Princess spin off of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and surpassed its parent show Smile

drpeppergirl40

Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote

Arrow Hercules The Legendary Journeys - Young Hercules/Xena Warrior Princess - Jack of All trades/Cleopatra 2525
Arrow The Bachelor - The Bachlorette
Arrow Beverly Hills 90210 - Melrose Place/Models Inc/90210
Arrow All In The Family - The Jeffersons/Archie Bunker's Place/Maude/Gloria/704 Hauser
Arrow Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Angel
Arrow Family Ties - Day By Day
Arrow 21 Jump Street - Booker
Arrow Different Strokes - The Facts Of Life/Hello, Larry
Arrow Alice - Flo
Arrow The Crocodile Hunter - The Crocodile Hunter Diaries/Croc Files/Bindi The Jungle Girl
Arrow General Hospital - Port Charles - General Hospital:Night Shift
Arrow Baywatch - Baywatch Nights - Baywatch Hawaii
Arrow The Munsters - The Munsters Today
Arrow Perfect Strangers - Family Matters
Arrow Good Morning Miss Bliss - Saved By The Bell - Saved By The Bell: The New Class/College Years
Arrow Dallas - Knots Landing
Arrow Grey's Anatomy - Private Practice
Arrow Friends - Joey
Arrow Moesha - The Parkers
Arrow Soap - Benson
Arrow Barney Miller - Fish
Arrow Iron Chef - Iron Chef USA/America - The Next Iron Chef
Arrow The Carol Burnett Show - Mama's Family
Arrow Growing Pains - Just The Ten Of Us
Arrow The Practice - Boston Legal
Arrow Three's Company - The Ropers - Three's A Crowd
Arrow The Tracy Ullman Show - The Simpsons
Arrow Loving - The City
Arrow Matlock - Jake and The Fatman - Diagnosis Murder
Arrow The Six Billion Dollar Man - The Bionic Woman
Arrow Star Trek - Star Trek: TNG - Star Trek: DS9 - Star Trek Voyager - Enterprise

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quote

It looks like you've got a few that we don't have on our TV Show Spinoffs Page. I'll check them out when I get a few free moments. Right now I could use an extra 8 or 10 hours per day.

I had a (minor) heart attack a month ago and have just fully recovered, I'm moving, and my car's in the shop. Get the picture? What a nightmare!

Anyway ... thanks for your contribution. I really have made a note to recheck your post in a few weeks! Thanks!

TheLifeOfMe
Junior Novice Member
Junior Novice Member

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quote

after scrubs ends I'm hoping for a spinoff of some kind... maybe following jack or the janitor or somethin

BeachBoy

Many more spinoffs than i imagined      Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:30 am Reply with quote

I never wood have guessed that there were so many spinoffs! Thanks for the very informative page CrazyAboutTV!

Becky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sun May 16, 2010 10:41 am Reply with quote

Producers will try to squeeze every bit of success possible out of a hit series so I suspect we will continue to see them for some time to come. I find most of them disappointing. They just don't live up to my memories of the original series.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> tv spin offs - how many? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved