Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Documentary suggestions??

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> News/Commentary/Documentary -> Help! Documentary suggestions??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imposter34

Help! Documentary suggestions??      Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Help! I need to write a paper on a documentary for my class, but I'm not really big on watching documentaries... anyone have any suggestions for a good one to watch. I don't want to have to watch anything boring..

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Documentary films that won Academy Awards      Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:22 am Reply with quote

Here are the last several years worth of Academy Award winning documentaries. You should be able to find one of them to grab your interest:

2000: Into the Arms of Strangers: Stories of the Kindertransport – Mark Jonathan Harris and Deborah Oppenheimer about the kindertransport, an underground railroad that saved the lives of over 10,000 Jewish children during World War II.

2001: Murder on a Sunday Morning (Un coupable idιal) – Jean-Xavier de Lestrade and Denis Poncet about a fifteen-year-old boy who was wrongfully accused of murder.

2002: Bowling for Columbine – Michael Donovan and Michael Moore about what Moore suggests are the causes for the Columbine High School massacre and other acts of violence with guns.

2003: The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara that highlights the uncertainty involved when making decisions during war.

2004: Born into Brothels – Ross Kauffman and Zana Briski about the children of prostitutes in Sonagachi, Kolkata's red light district.

2005: March of the Penguins (La marche de l'empereur) – Luc Jacquet about the yearly journey of the emperor penguins of Antarctica.

2006: An Inconvenient Truth – By Davis Guggenheim about former vice-President Al Gore quest to educate the public about Global Warming

2007: Taxi to the Dark Side – Alex Gibney and Eva Orner about an Afghan taxi driver who was beaten to death by American soldiers

2008: Man on Wire – Simon Chinn and James Marsh about Philippe Petit's 1974 high-wire walk between the Twin Towers of New York's World Trade Center.

I hope that list includes one that suits your tastes!

LooneyToon

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:45 pm Reply with quote

I saw the Documentary "The Black List 2" recently and thought it was really good.. you might enjoy it.

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

TV documentary suggestions      Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am Reply with quote

"An Inconvenient Truth" really opened my eyes to just how much evidence there is for global warming. At some point we have to wake up and face the fact that humans are changing the Earth in ways that will eventually have a terrible effect on life on Earth.

People just don't want to hear about it if it's not going to directly effect them in their lifetime, but what about our grandchildren and their kids? Do we have the right to ruin their world?

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Bowling for Columbine      Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quote

Yesterday I saw the documentary "Bowling for Columbine". It was pretty good too!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> News/Commentary/Documentary -> Help! Documentary suggestions?? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved