Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

e-mail notices

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Report Problems/Errors Here Or At Our Site -> e-mail notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garbabes

e-mail notices      Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Why do I keep getting e-mail notices that I have a new message.

When I log in it says, "No New Messages."

What's up?

Garbabes

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Why do I keep getting e-mail notices that I have a new message.

When I log in it says, "No New Messages."

I can't imagine what would cause that. I've never had that problem myself and no other user has ever reported that problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Jayleen

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:15 pm Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem .

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote

I had one report of a private message from a user named "BestForumTeam" warning that users have been infected by a virus and should click on a link to immediately get it removed.

If you receive such a message, be aware that the only valid messages from forum Admin will be from "CrazyAboutTV". All others are spam that got through before I was able to delete that bogus registered user.

Another giveaway that the message was fake was that the link they wanted you to click on was not directed to a url at CrazyAboutTV.com.

We do our best to eliminate the spammers but with literally hundreds of attacks per day, once in a while one gets through.

As to why there are emails being sent saying that you have a new private message and then when you get here you have none, that's most likely a case where the spammer sent you an email first and then I deleted their account before they could get your private message posted. These emails may even say that they are from me as it is very easy for a spammer to send emails with anyone's email address as the sender. In the five years that these forums have been on the web, I've never actually emailed any user unless they requested me to do so.

Feel free to send me a private message here if and report the username and/or email address of any spammer.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Report Problems/Errors Here Or At Our Site -> e-mail notices All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved