Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did I dream it??????????

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Fantasy/Horror -> Did I dream it??????????
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike travis

Did I dream it??????????      Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote

I seem to remember an american tv programme from the late 70s very similar to the Twilight Zone/Outer limits. The opening titles feature a fairground roller coaster ride. Just before the title of the episode is seen the picture goes into reverse video (negative image) I think the stories are all based on peoples misfortune such as a man is given a pair of shoes and suddenly he is a great dancer but theres a price to pay......................did I dream it????? please help[/img]

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quote

It sounds vaguely familiar but we'd need a bit more information to track it down.

Any chance you can remember a cast member's name? A definite year it aired? Even one word in the title?

Otherwise, hopefully, someone else will remember it more clearly.

Sorry we couldn't help! Exclamation

mike travis

Did I dream it      Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote

The programme is very Twilight/Outer limits style. I think one episode started with a street seller who gives different items to people which change their lives for good or bad depending on how they treated the seller. The programme starts at a fairground on a roller coaster ride, as the car is going slowly up the slope it cuts back and forth to a duel pendulum ride listing the cast. When it gets to the top the screen freezes and goes to negative image with the title of the episode. I think it was on ATV about 10:45ish in the late 70s. Sorry its not much to go on but thanks for trying......Cheers. Smile

Jeremiah
Junior Novice Member
Junior Novice Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote

Tales from the Darkside maybe?

videoaddict1

Re: Did I dream it??????????      Mon May 15, 2006 9:50 am Reply with quote

mike travis wrote:
I seem to remember an american tv programme from the late 70s very similar to the Twilight Zone/Outer limits. The opening titles feature a fairground roller coaster ride. Just before the title of the episode is seen the picture goes into reverse video (negative image) I think the stories are all based on peoples misfortune such as a man is given a pair of shoes and suddenly he is a great dancer but theres a price to pay......................did I dream it????? please help[/img]

Journey To the Unknown (1968). I have the complete series on DVD. It showed on your Sky TV.

mike travis

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:22 pm Reply with quote

Hi videoaddict1, Wink THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Please don`t think me rude but I had given up any chance of finding this programme and was begining to think I hade made it all up so I haven`t visited this forum for a while. As soon as I played the Journey to the Unknown theme song it all came flooding back. Do you know if I can get this series on DVD? Very Happy Thanks again.............regards........mike Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cakes

sci-fi/fantasy 1990's series???      Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quote

I am trying to remember the name of a series about a group of people that worked on cases that dealt with demons, ghosts, etc. It was funded and headed up by a rich middle-aged English guy, there was an Irish Preist, a jock guy, and a few ladies involved. I think they all lived in the guy's mansion. Anyhow, it was in the 90's and I think came on after The Outer Limits. Help!

Thunderbyrd

Re: sci-fi/fantasy 1990's series???      Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote

Cakes wrote:
I am trying to remember the name of a series about a group of people that worked on cases that dealt with demons, ghosts, etc. It was funded and headed up by a rich middle-aged English guy, there was an Irish Preist, a jock guy, and a few ladies involved. I think they all lived in the guy's mansion. Anyhow, it was in the 90's and I think came on after The Outer Limits. Help!

I think that series was Friday the 13th.

achilleratti55

Sat May 09, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote

This is the show I've been trying to ID!
Besides the weird videography, the theme music was a person whistling an eerie tune.

It seems the show was different every week, so remembering someone who starred in it presents a difficult task.

Does this help anyone remember?

It used to scare me so much I had to stop watching it most weeks.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat May 09, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote

I'm just making an educated guess here because I never watched either of these shows but could it possibly have been either "Tales from the Darkside" or "Tales from the Crypt"?

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Fantasy/Horror -> Did I dream it?????????? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved